The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

animefx

When I briefly owned an M9, much of the time I had trouble getting accurate color from my raw files, I tried various color profiles in Lightroom and some worked ok but it was frustrating how much more time it took messing with hue sliders to get the color just right. I've never had to do that with the M8.

Animefx, what are the differences in the color signatures between the M8 and M9? Are you just talking about jpegs?

PatrickCheung

My apologies for disappearing again... school has gotten the best of me once more. Again, it's been project after project, a field trip to New York, and now more projects.

I'm currently taking a 15 minute break after finishing an assignment, sitting next to Hillary and sharing a plate of nachos. Figured it'd be a good time to post :)

First off, lovely photos on this page, I havent had time to fully catch up, but I hope to someday...

Hillary and I just got back from a school trip to New York City :p We left thursday (after pulling an all-nighter on wednesday), arrived half awake on friday and checked into one of the grungiest hostels I've ever been to, though... compared to Hong Kong, it was like an apartment in a Trump Tower. Our trip was horribly planned and extremely overpriced (with half of our $400 fee going to an unknown cause... probably the professors' hotel rooms). Despite all that, it was a fun, but tiring trip. More on that when I develop/process the photos I took during the trip :)

Here are a few completely unrelated photos I've taken in the past few weeks.

These were taken with an M5, Zeiss 28 Biogon or Canon 35/2, on HP5+. We ran low on developer so only half the tank got filled when developing... and only half the roll was properly developed! Though it made for some pretty cool effects on the photos!

Thanks again to the dude who donated the M5 and Bronica RF645 :) it was definitely a morale booster and... faith-restore-er that I needed in the past two months...

Andrew Gough

Its been an absolutely crazy summer for me! I have looked in on the thread and seen all the wonderful images posted. I have been just to busy to post myself :(

Anyway, too many to comment on, but just like that other thread you folks have been raising the standard all summer long!

A few from the Bird market in HK.

Andrew

dude163

I went to a corn maze with my kids and snapped a few shots

this shot is just converted to B+W and cropped a tad, Im surprised I nailed the focus on the eyes!

dude163

And the elder sis

and a nice refreshing drink of tart apple cider ( to the UKers, over here Cider is just sparkling apple juice, not strongbow :p)

dude163

My elmar 90/4 turned out a lot nicer than I thought, I just shot some indoor shots to test it out, this one at ISO 2500

and this one at ISO 320

both wide open at f4 , night for now, I'll let someone else post :)

Lloyd

One from last night from the 10th floor of the building were I was working for the day. Shot through the window, but came out ok. Pretty impressive sky as the storm was breaking.

XP1, CV 15/4.5 Superwide:

douglasf13

When I briefly owned an M9, much of the time I had trouble getting accurate color from my raw files, I tried various color profiles in Lightroom and some worked ok but it was frustrating how much more time it took messing with hue sliders to get the color just right. I've never had to do that with the M8.
That's interesting, because, at least according to some guys who I relatively trust, the color filter of the M8 and M9 is the same design.

mAlKhamis

Great work every one ! well done !

Edward, liked your work, specially the B&W portrait.

Ceh, lovely shots, my kind of composition :)

Bruno, excellent street captures !

wstam, loved your set the 35 and 50 lenses :)

Patrick, you are the master of film, lovely set !

Andrew, stunning set with the 50 lux, good job !

Dude163, lovely work, you really have cute little sisters, wonderful shots !

Lloyd, Very dramatic shot with buildings and the breaking storm !

M9 and 50mm cron from San Francisco and Davis California :)

The look of the old by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Too Cute !! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Oktoberfest win! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Song search ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Binoculars by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Godfrey

Ok, finally got out and did some shooting with the M9 again ... This is not a coordinated set of any kind, just a little celebration of getting some chops back into using this camera.

All but one were made with the M-Rokkor 90mm f/4 lens. (Should be obvious which ... that one was made with the new Skink Pancake Pinhole.) One does forget just how wonderful both the M9 and this ancient little lens can be.

I think I'll re-fit the Nokton 50/1.5 ASPH (LTM) now for a bit.

enjoy!
your comments are always appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.