The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

robsteve

Subscriber
The M8 just came back from a CLA. Keeping the theme of my posts showing R lenses on the D800E, here is my dog Bea again in action. I used the 50mm Summicron at f2.2. Unlike the Nikon which has a fast motor drive, I was only able to get off one or two shots as she ran back to me with the ball. Of about ten shots, the first was in focus, but composition terrible, nine shots later a get a better one.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Gordon Bennet - what a load of fantastic photos
Carl - your colour distortion works really well
Wolfgang - the landscapes are also lovely - I personally like the bench best, but the last one has a romantic thing about it.
Ashwin - you seem to be having a pretty full life at the moment! The little girl with the dog is gorgeous, but I prefer the second shot with the guy and the pestle and mortar.. . . and the last one with the nose.
David - love the first shot especially
Cenek - that mountain shot is wonderful - we're just cranking ourselves up to organising the skiing - but I don't think we're as brave as you!
Wuffstuff - what are you doing taking snaps of Joss Stone (nice one though). Have you got any shots of Jessie Ware . . hang on, you're in Devon . . . how about Polly Harvey?
Robert - even on an internet forum these shots shine out beyond those shot with the Nikon. Maybe MF isn't so much of a disadvantage?

Last edited:

jonoslack

Thank you Emma . . . The smoked haddock with capers, parsley and garlic was sublime

Actually . . this shot irrigates my heart with . . . okay, I'm english, but I'm quite pleased with it! (even if the focus is in the wrong place).

wosim

Very nice shot! Really the perfect moment, Jono!

Leica M9 - Tele-Elmarit-M 90mm - one of my favourite lenses: so lightweight, so sharp!

Leica M9 - Voigtländer Nokton 40mm

I really like this thread!

jonoslack

Thank you for the kind words
I was pleased. . . . nice to make a pretty picture of something you love :)

I really like this thread!
Good isn't it - and the kitten shot is fine (is she an Abyssinian - like the one in my shot - if so you're in trouble!) . . . that 90 elmarit lens is a favorite of mine as well . . I've just ordered the 135 APO . . . . .

Lloyd

Jono: Wonderful shots. I particularly like that last two.

Wolfgang: That 90 Elmarit is indeed a wonder. (I love mine.) Nice shots both.

ashwinrao1

. . that 90 elmarit lens is a favorite of mine as well . . I've just ordered the 135 APO . . . . .
Wooo! New lenses. The 90 and 135 make a great combo. I often wish at having both back, but will make do wit the 90 APO and 135 Tele-elmar for the long end...

wuffstuff

Wuffstuff - what are you doing taking snaps of Joss Stone?
Jocelyn is a friend of the family. I don't take many photos of her though as I feel I'm taking advantage of her celebrity.

She does take a nice picture though. I don't know PJ Harvey - she's a Dorset girl.

Here's a further shot. Taken at Longchamps. M9 and Zeiss 35/f2 Biogon.

Last edited:

ced

Jono some nice pics posted!
Just wonderful the church yard and the lady with the cat.
What on earth is happening to the UK pubs, those guys sitting there with wine glasses?

dude163

here are some shots I took a few months ago that I hadnt processed yet, yes they were taken through my cars sunroof as I parked under the tree :)

ceh

Great Photos everyone :thumbs::salute:
M9-P,Cron 28/2.0,1/1000sec.,f/8.0,ISO 160

Status
Not open for further replies.