The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

It's been impossible to keep up in recent weeks, I've simply been too busy both with work and at home. Some stunning work in this thread as usual.

I did finally get out with the M9 again, this time to try out a lens I've hardly used and that often gets a bad rap: the Voigtländer Ultron 28mm f/2. A set of test photos and pixel peeping showed the usual mentioned flaws (corner darkening wide open, unsharp corners until two-three stops down); happily no focus shift on this example that I could see.

However, that doesn't stop it from producing some lovely results, in my opinion:

ISO 200 @ f/3.5 @ 1/90 sec

ISO 200 @ f/2 @ 1/125 sec

The DNG files were processed in LR 4.2. No adjustments other than adding a little vignette effect and then a border treatment (with Flare). #131 was a square crop of the top 2/3 of the frame. #132 is uncropped.

Comments are always appreciated.

Maggie O

I keep forgetting how fast things move around here! I hit "like" on a bunch of posts, because wow, GREAT PHOTOGRAPHS!

Maggie O

M9-P, Ultron 28/1.9:

Michael, November 24, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Caution, November 21, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Floating Leaves, November 21, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

'59 Summilux:

Mom, Thanksgiving 2012. by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Shot with Michael's Zeiss Biogon 25mm f/2.8 lens on my M9-P. He's inspecting my 35mm f/1.4 CV Nokton Classic.

What Is This Lens, November 20, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

'51 35/3.5 Summaron LTM:

Warning, November 19, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Walking With Coffee, November 19, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Beware of Dog, November 19, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

1620 Cat Box, November 19, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Berch, November 19, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

wosim

The winter is coming, so some "variations from the deck-chair" might be a good idea:

Leica M9 / Tri-Elmar 50mm

Leica M9 / Voigtländer Nokton 1.4 40mm

Leica M9 / Tri-Elmar 35mm

Hosermage

When it's always work, work, work, I forget how relaxing a long weekend can be. I felt thoroughly recharged today and feel my "chi" is in balance again :)

JimCollum

Took my walk today through Henry Cowell at dusk, rather than dawn.. different light, different scenes

M9, both with 50mm lux

color version (previous one was from 2010, b/w & from Leaf back)

ced

Jim the out of focuse railing works very well in the B&W image and evokes a painterly atmosphere, well done.
Carl the image on the left if it had the same toning as the righthand image I think the artefacts would take on the same look don't you think!?

scho

Jim the out of focuse railing works very well in the B&W image and evokes a painterly atmosphere, well done.
Carl the image on the left if it had the same toning as the righthand image I think the artefacts would take on the same look don't you think!?
I don't think so ced. I boosted contrast and clarity in the C1 image to get the tonality closer to the LR image, but not much change. Seems to be a demosaicing artifact from the Adobe engine. Certainly not critical, at least in most images, but when there it can't be removed.

edwardkaraa

I don't think so ced. I boosted contrast and clarity in the C1 image to get the tonality closer to the LR image, but not much change. Seems to be a demosaicing artifact from the Adobe engine. Certainly not critical, at least in most images, but when there it can't be removed.
I think I will give C1 a try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.