The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie O

Here's the next round of pix from the Sonnar-C 50! (I 'm loving this lens! Looks as good as my '59 Summilux, is half the weight, has a shorter focus throw and less flare!)

No Means No, November 29, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Epic Mikey, November 29, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

School's Out, November 29, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Michael Checks Flight Aware, November 29, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

For Sale, November 29, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Litter, Trendwood Park, November 29, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Looks like it came optimized for f/1.5 focus, because it's spot-on wide open.

Hosermage

I've been up in the Bay Area for some training this week. Brought the M9+35'Cron for a simple setup, but it's been cloudy and raining most of the time. Here are some captures from the Seaport conference center where the class was hosted, taken during the breaks.

Hosermage

Went into SF one night for dinner at a restaurant called "Burma Superstar". We got a table right by the window and took this shot of the people waiting outside:

Then today, had 3 hours to kill in the San Jose airport, so I set the zone focus for about 5 meters, put the camera on my lap, and just snapped away as interesting people walked by... Wasn't very successful because it was kinda dark so I couldn't stop down more. But I did get this one...

edwardkaraa

Great photos from everyone!

I am starting to really like the Sonnar rendering, even though I have always been a fan of the more clinical Planar.

Lloyd

I am starting to really like the Sonnar rendering, even though I have always been a fan of the more clinical Planar.
Plus one to both... great shots everyone. And, I really do like the Sonnar's way of rendering, although I was originally not a fan.

wuffstuff

Paul and his dogs. M9 and 90/2. Taken at a Pheasant Shoot in deepest Devon.

I don't do much colour work but this looks really poor in mono.

Last edited:

Maggie O

Plus one to both... great shots everyone. And, I really do like the Sonnar's way of rendering, although I was originally not a fan.
I'm kind of blown away by it, especially the mix of dreamy bokeh and super sharpness at the focus point. And it handles like a dream.

That said, I can't see my self selling my 1959 Summilux 50, if only for sentimental reasons.

Mike Woods

Can't believe I've spent this much money on a lens, only to shoot this kind of crap with it :banghead::D

Anyway, thought you'd like to know he's on his way.....(M9-P and 35 FLE, heavily cropped):

Mike

jonoslack

I'm kind of blown away by it, especially the mix of dreamy bokeh and super sharpness at the focus point. And it handles like a dream.

That said, I can't see my self selling my 1959 Summilux 50, if only for sentimental reasons.
Hi Maggie
I think the sonnar is gorgeous - rather like an older Nocti, it's definitely two lenses - wide open it's dreamy and romantic, but stop down to f4 and it's as brutally sharp as any zeiss lens.

Silas has mine!

jonoslack

Can't believe I've spent this much money on a lens, only to shoot this kind of crap with it :banghead::D

Anyway, thought you'd like to know he's on his way.....(M9-P and 35 FLE, heavily cropped):

Mike
If it was anyone else . . . . but I'm sure you'll be loving your 35 FLE

At least you won't be slagged off for posting pictures of blacked up Dutch children (Sinta Klaas ) Bart can explain it properly!

all the best

Last edited:

ceh

Lloyd,Mike,
Thank you for your kind words :)

M9-P,50/1.4 Lux Asph.

Status
Not open for further replies.