The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

teeraash

Hi Edward,
Lovely model you have here. Not fair, isn't it? I'm still in search for my first digital M. M9, M9P seem to dry up in Bangkok recently but I have a hunch that new M will be here pretty soon so I don't mind to wait a little longer. Will go to Singapore tomorrow and may be my M is waiting for me there! In a meanwhile, my Fuji should be just fine.

wstam

Ashwin, thanks. Great BW portrait photos that you have. I wish I can do portrait shots like that :)

"Crossing..."

M9|ZM35f2

Thanks.

edwardkaraa

Hi Edward,
Lovely model you have here. Not fair, isn't it? I'm still in search for my first digital M. M9, M9P seem to dry up in Bangkok recently but I have a hunch that new M will be here pretty soon so I don't mind to wait a little longer. Will go to Singapore tomorrow and may be my M is waiting for me there! In a meanwhile, my Fuji should be just fine.
Thanks teeraash! AVcamera had a used M9 last week, but it's already gone. Maybe you can leave a message with them that you're interested in one, so that they contact you when they get another piece. I see they do get them frequently. Good luck!

dude163

Hi all, im going through my archived shots, only 21000 of them :() and here are a few from a wedding I went to over a year ago, a friend of mine and his wife, and their son ( he was the best man)

ceh

Lloyd,
Thank you,much appreciated :salute:

Thank you all for liking:)
Elmarit 90/2.8

Hosermage

Ashwin, the second shot is my fave, I'd title it "Lioness".

Ceh, I'm speechless... it's so wonderful.

Today we visited the Disney California Adventure theme park... where a life-size Radiator Spring (from the Pixar movie "Cars") was just opened last summer. Who knew fake nature can look so beautiful...

Hosermage

Edward, what a colorful country and you are capturing it well. I do sense your style has changed (not drastically) since you start posting here few months ago. Do you feel the same? I think you were a long time film shooter before the M9, do you feel shooting digital may have contributed?

edwardkaraa

Hi David! Thanks a lot for your comments! It's funny that you would mention this, because I was just thinking about it the other day. Indeed I do feel that my style has changed since I first started shooting with the M9 3-4 months ago. I'm sure it's related to film vs digital, as I was shooting with film RF earlier. The first couple of months was a continuation of my film habits, but it seems they have been fading away recently. I find myself chimping much more and less concentrated on the essence of the subject, while before I didn't worry about histograms and burning highlights. I just took an incident light reading and gave full attention to the subject. To be honest, I prefer my older style, but shooting style is a constant evolution so let's see where it takes me :)

Edward, what a colorful country and you are capturing it well. I do sense your style has changed (not drastically) since you start posting here few months ago. Do you feel the same? I think you were a long time film shooter before the M9, do you feel shooting digital may have contributed?

scho

We had a real January thaw (60 degrees over the weekend) and our snowpack is gone. Also took out much of the pond ice at the arboretum. Here are a few walkabout shots around the pond taken with the CV 21mm f/1.8 Ultron on the M-E. Click image for full size, un-cropped original. I am very pleased with the performance of this lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.