The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikalWGrass

Wolf, outstanding. Maybe next time you can get in the water with the guys and gals and get some closer action shots? I cannot imagine how cold the water is being from South Florida, but I can guess. Please show more of the shots.

PatrickCheung

I haven't shot with the Digital M lately... the bag I bring to work is rather small and it's much easier to carry my Ricoh GRD3, so I hope you don't mind... :p

After a rather unfortunate event regarding one of my photos, I considered giving up with photography, at least for a short while. One photo I posted on my flickr caused some people who are very important to me a lot of trouble. I had some people tell me to take down my photos and scold me for not thinking before posting. I had people tell me that I was taking advantage of others. I thought to myself, "I don't want my photos to be used against anyone or to hurt anyone."

I take photos because I want to share happy moments in my life, so people can enjoy what I enjoy.

After a good talk with GetDPI's very own Robert Wilson, and some encouragement from a few friends... I had a moment of clarity during which I decided that I shouldn't stop taking photos. I don't take them with a bad intention, I don't take them to "take advantage" of people. I take them so I can share good memories and bright smiles... like this one!

scho

Back on the trail again with the M-E & 21 1.8 Ultron. Another quickie warm-up and thaw ahead of an advancing arctic cold front brought out a few walkers and joggers. Today we had 50F and tomorrow only single digits after the front slides past.

scott kirkpatrick

I've always loved the Bruce Davidson pictures he took walking around Yosemite during prime summer camp-out season. We're simpler folk here in Israel, but we can't resist gathering whole families outdoors on the first nice weekend of the springtime (yes, in mid-January!), lighting fires and smoking up the woods with grilled meat. It's called "mangal."

This area is in the middle of agricultural fields, dry for years at a time, but a week of rain and snow left a big lake, an irresistable draw. So appealing that the water authority rolled out the barbed wire to keep us all back to a safe distance:

and they do get carried away with that barbed wire:

all pictures M9, 28 Summicron-Asph at f/5.6.

scott

ced

Patrick hope the experience wasn't traumatizing it is all part of life's experience and gaining wisdom. It was obvious with the gaping holes left on the preceding pages which image was the culprit. Ask the admin chap to remove the post altogether.
Good luck and keep shooting/posting

wosim

Wolf, outstanding. Maybe next time you can get in the water with the guys and gals and get some closer action shots? I cannot imagine how cold the water is being from South Florida, but I can guess. Please show more of the shots.
Thank you, Mikal and DoubleNegative!

Here are more shots (M9 with Summilux-M 1.4 50mm and Tele-Elmarit-M 2.8 90mm) - temperature outside the water: minus 4° Celsius:

First the "soft version" - I have never seen this before here in Munich:

And here the hardcore-surfer:

scho

Viewing deck at this waterfall (a diving platform in summer) is a sheet of ice. I'm sure that the adventurous types (like the hardcore surfers in Wolf's post above) would just walk around the barricade and dive in. :)
M-E with Contax G 45 Planar.

topoxforddoc

‘HIV positive person’

Wednesday night in Brussels. M9 35 pre-asph lux. Taken at 11pm whilst walking off my dinner - pan fried skate wing washed down with a bottle of Alsace Pinot Gris.

Best wishes,

Charlie
Charlie Chan

Status
Not open for further replies.