The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

These images are in honor of today's Presidential Inauguration, taken 4 years ago to the day showing some behind the scenes prepartion and set-up for this historic event. Temporary dignatary seating on both sides of the podium (hidden by statue) as well as the special U.S. flags hung specifically for the occasion, can be seen.

The two images are sort of a companion set to the lovely early morning image Aboud shot during morning's sunrise of the Capital off in the distance with these cerimonial flags, as posted in the Nikon forum.

Images taken with the Leica M8

Last edited:

Frits

Our Charlo wonders what these tiny lenses are all about...:D (me being an ex-Nikon shooter, he is used to getting DSLR lenses shoved into his face :eek:)
(M9, 90mm Elmarit-M)

These images are in honor of today's Presidential Inauguration, taken 4 years ago to the day showing some behind the scenes prepartion and set-up for this historic event. Temporary dignatary seating on both sides of the podium (hidden by statue) as well as the special U.S. flags hung specifically for the occasion, can be seen.

The two images are sort of a companion set to the lovely early morning image Aboud shot during morning's sunrise of the Capital off in the distance with these cerimonial flags, as posted in the Nikon forum.

Images taken with the Leica M8

Solid stuff, Dave

scho

A frigid arctic cold front has arrived and it was a quick walk in the park today. Two images taken with the Carl Zeiss 35mm f/2.8c on the M-E.

D&A

Solid stuff, Dave
Thanks very much Jason. Just some background info:

I wish I could post the real behind the scene images of the event (taken over a number of days) and which I was on my way to at the moment I fired off these two quick "snaps" while running over to my shooting destination (I'm always running late...LOL!). Even this past Dec when I captured a few images of the Christmas Tree in front of the Nation's Capital at dusk this past Dec , the same scaffolding used the inaugural festivities had already gone up and wasn't an attractive addition to the building, unfortunately. I'll post that picture in the medium format forum in a couple of weeks.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

My beautiful wife, our whippets, and number 2!

Another shot with the 1960 50 Cron.
Love the low contrast look of the image and obviously this lens suits this fine. The tone of the pic reminds me of an image one might find tucked away in a box from years past. Lovely wife and pair of dogs. I sometimes confuse Whippets with Greyhounds. Recently while biking I met a woman who was walking her pair of Whippets. Wish I had stopped long enough to take a shot.

Interestingly, on dpreview, a long time poster chronicled in images the last few months of his Greyhound dog, who lived a long and happy life. Our pets really becomes members of our family and even sometimes causal shots eventually become the memories we remember them by.

Dave (D&A)

ceh

Great photos everyone :salute:
50/1.4 Lux Asph.,f/1.4

mdwsta4

I've been in a bit of a rut lately. Not sure why, but just haven't really felt inspired. The weather this past weekend around Los Angeles was gorgeous so I forced myself to take my camera with me. Here are a few from my time. Hopefully I'll find my inspiration soon enough.

Outside of love

Lord of the Rings

Sleeping on the Boardwalk

Visiting Venice

Searching for a keeper

Cheers,
M

PatrickCheung

Wolfgang, river surfing seems like it'd be loads of fun... but don't the kids get cold?!

Jason, the portrait of your wife and dogs (and the baby of course!) is beautiful :p The low contrast BW really works, those dogs are some of the coolest/prettiest I've seen, and she's got such a wonderful smile!

David, comics are probably the only type of book I'll ever read... I can't stand anything without a visual. There's such a wonderful creative world inside those comics too! Hope your son enjoyed the reading!

topoxforddoc

Never mind the shot.... I love the dinner!

OK. I love the shot too, but that's how living should be done! Cheers!
Jason,

Many thanks. I was on a flying visit to Brussels for a cancer committee meeting. So never one to stint, I headed for one of my favourite Brussels restaurants (La Maree) in Sainte Catherine for my usual dinner there. Large pan fried skate wing matched perfectly with Alsace Pinot Gris. How the Italians can make watery Pinot Grigio with the same grape is beyond me (no offence intended, as I know some producers do make great Italian Pinot Grigio). Anyway it’s good how convivial that makes one’s picture taking.

Best wishes,

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.