The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

MM,50/1.4Lux Asph.,f/1.8,1/2000,ISO320,ND filter 8x..

Interesting image. I'm trying to figure out what the woman is holding onto. Seems like some type of furry coat or rug...maybe a gigantic dog lying down or something else? This one has me curious?? :confused:

Dave (D&A)

edwardkaraa

Thanks a lot Wolfgang, Jorgen! Thanks for all the likes too. Greatly appreciated.

In fact the meat market area is a treasure. I spent less than 3 hours walking around and came back with 150 shots almost all useable.

ceh

Interesting image. I'm trying to figure out what the woman is holding onto. Seems like some type of furry coat or rug...maybe a gigantic dog lying down or something else? This one has me curious?? :confused:

Dave (D&A)
Thanks.
She holds the sheep fur in her hands.
:)

MikalWGrass

Patrick, great story. As a parent, I will try to speak with my children as your parents spoke with you. As an aside, I am glad they had that "talk" with you before someone else on the forum did (not that it would ever happen, but you know what i mean).

Show your parents how much you love Hillary by selling all of your gear and buying her the new M.

Such a great series of photos and stories in this thread!

We recently took a trip to Dublin, IE... Here are a few from the trip:

Sarah & Olivia on the O'Connell Bridge (M9 + 35 Lux):

people on the street… before the kiss (M9 + 50 Lux):

people on the street… fish & chip sample lady (M9 + 50 Lux):

morning blue hour on abbey street middle (M9 + 35 Lux):

morning blue hour on o'connell street (M9 + 35 Lux):

from a window above… abbey middle street (M9 + 35 Lux)::

Processing was done in Aperture using Color Efex Pro & Silver Efex Pro.

Cheers!
Michael

dude163

My brother was in town from Ottawa and a family friend came up to visit for an evening/ half a day I havent seen him in 9 years!! We talked vintage synthesizers, old movies and photography. He is a musician from Saint John so I promised hime id take some nice candids so he use em for his next CD :)

this shot came out a lot nicer

jonoslack

Hi There
I'm back!
. .. .but in a hurry - lots of lovely shots here - I'll comment later.
Here is a shot taken with the M(240) at 3200 with the 50 'lux at f2
. . . . because I can . . . . .

Happy Family​

. . .. there is a gallery of M(240) shots here if you're interested:

M(240 Gallery

all the best to everyone.

PatrickCheung

Thanks for the comments, all :) And I like that suggestion that david mentioned... inviting you all to our big day ;) It'd be really nice to meet all of you someday.

With regards to the story behind the photo... maybe some of you can see it, maybe not, but there's a lot more behind it than just the issue of the photos, but the photos did play a big part in the events that have happened in our (Hillary and mine) lives recently. I think one thing everyone could learn is that listening is the solution to many of the relationship issues/roadblocks/problems we face in our lives. My parents weren't always that understanding and open-minded, and neither was I. Hillary's parents certainly aren't. Without disclosing too much detail, I guess I'd like to say that listening helps you avoid a lot of the pain and harsh confrontation that come with relationship issues, and in many cases... nobody has more authority over another, no matter how much older, wiser, and more experienced.

There are a few adults in my life, my parents being two of them, and our very own Rob T Wilson being another, that seem to understand these concepts. I've never felt insignificant, small, inexperienced, or... "under-qualified" when talking to these people. I've always been able to have good, strong, and meaningful discussions with these adults, and that's something I'm thankful for. On the other hand, I've heard other adults say that I should (word for word) "fear and respect" them, that they're "30 years older and know more than you do." And all I've seen that mentality do is hurt others.

Back to the photos though :)

David, your black and white's of the bradbury are probably some of my favourite photos from you. They capture such a film noir feel that I've associated with the building... it feels like those photos could be stills from a Bladerunner remake :p

Moh, those "three little dudes" have to be the cutest dashboard decorations I've ever seen!

Edward, those photos from the market are amazing, vibrant and full of energy!

dude163

I cant believe you called me an adult in public!! :)

I made my doctor laugh last week after a chat she said " almost 48 and you just realised you are a grown up! "

RT Wilson

Hosermage

A few more from downtown LA, this time I wandered near the Museum of Modern Art (MOCA) entrance:

Here's the shadow of that monstrosity

I was getting good light from the slit of sun between two high rises

Status
Not open for further replies.