The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

What would Laos be without elephants? After all it was known as the land of a million elephants.

Sadly, very few remain.

I did see one, though...while having coffee!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

You photographer?

No. A traveler.
I like travelers. Me too.
They don't stay long.
I was just going to say that this is the most beautiful portrait I've seen in ages, which it is. Then I saw these:

Also posted in the Monochrom thread, but since my M9 is having it's sensor replaced, I've not posted anything in here for ages:

Impromptu shots of my daughter just before I tore down the lights and packed up! M Monochrom, 90 Summicron APO ASPH @ f16
Rayyan and Backward; you two made my day :thumbs:

It would be interesting to know what kind of lighting you used for the girl btw.

dude163

Im going through the old shots I have on my HD and seeing if I can salvage ones I marked for possible use, this is a shot that I liked but wasnt exposed as well as I wanted to, so I did some lightroom magic to get this look, it came out way better than I thought!

rayyan

I was just going to say that this is the most beautiful portrait I've seen in ages, which it is. Then I saw these:

Rayyan and Backward; you two made my day :thumbs:

It would be interesting to know what kind of lighting you used for the girl btw.
Jorgen...:salute:

Lighting? Backward, this one is for you!:D

Best regards.

StephenPatterson

re: Fun with the New Leica M

First day "out and about" with the M (240) and while there wasn't much sun at least the fog and mist lifted. This nice man was giving himself a shave and a haircut on the sidewalk.

35 Summilux FLE

Jorgen...:salute:

Lighting? Backward, this one is for you!:D

Best regards.
Thankyou Jorgen, always flattering to be compared with other talented photographers!!

Simply it's one light, but it's never that simple ...

Lighting is a small-ish ~40 cm softbox very close (hence f16) to the sitter in the obvious location, body parallel to s/box for evenness across the white blouse. A large gobo feathering the spill across a grey paper roll to oppose the light (darkest behind lightest part of subject and vice versa). This is all about the gobo and controlling falloff across the subject rather than the light.

rayyan

But we are retired, they said.

You have something I could use. Please!
Pretty please!

Strenuous?, they asked.

No, I said. A walk in the park, for you two.

They looked at each other. You take it M8.2, said M8..call me if you need help.

And don't forget to cover yourself, or you shall catch a cold, added M8.
And leave the exif intact, else he shall bother us again.

StephenPatterson

Hi Jono,

Yes, using LR 4.4 and these are all AutoWB "As Shot", but I did desaturate the orange and red slightly. This is a habit I developed thanks to my Chinese wife, which I now find myself using perhaps too often, to make asians look more western. :eek:

I'm going to have to get my head around the best way to shoot with the EVF (or not). It was confusing at first trying to figure out where to look, and after a few minutes I just went back to using the rangefinder and all was right with the world. Thank God Leica didn't take the rangefinder away!!!

Knorp

Hi there Jono,

you really need this: ExifExt (shows EXIF information for images).
And congrats with the real M, just in time ... :)

Kind regards.

jonoslack

Hi there Jono,

you really need this: ExifExt (shows EXIF information for images).
And congrats with the real M, just in time ... :)

Kind regards.
HI there Bart
I do have it - the reason those snaps say 75mm is because that's the lens I picked in manual lens selection for the Contax . . . (unless I've done something else wrong ) :wtf:

It was just in time . still waiting for my APO telyt to come back coded.
Theoretically it'll appear tomorrow.

all the best

Status
Not open for further replies.