The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonoslack

re: Fun with the New Leica M

That one is superb, Jono! :thumbs:

I have no idea why you fancy the other image. :confused:
Thanks Vivek - the Tulou shot I liked because they're so huge and wierd and impressive - but I agree, it's not a good reason for an image! (slaps himself around head).

All the best

algrove

Jono-When I showed the lady image to my wife on a 30" monitor her first reaction was that it looks like a Rembrandt painting. How true. Well done.

V

Vivek

Thanks Vivek - the Tulou shot I liked because they're so huge and wierd and impressive - but I agree, it's not a good reason for an image! (slaps himself around head).

All the best
Hi Jono, Did not mean to distress you over this.:eek: It is extremely difficult to capture something different of a site that has been photographed a lot (There is a fabulous series here: Fujian Tulou, Secrets of the Fujian Tulou, CNTV English, CCTV News). The poor lighting is a bit too much even for the AA 50, it seems like. Also, in my monitor (this one is too good for deep darks), I see horizontal banding. Hence that comment.

jonoslack

Hi Jono, Did not mean to distress you over this.:eek: It is extremely difficult to capture something different of a site that has been photographed a lot (There is a fabulous series here: Fujian Tulou, Secrets of the Fujian Tulou, CNTV English, CCTV News). The poor lighting is a bit too much even for the AA 50, it seems like. Also, in my monitor (this one is too good for deep darks), I see horizontal banding. Hence that comment.
HI Vivek
Thank you for the link. As you say, tough to manage things photographed many times before.

And no distress - I didn't see the banding - let's try this shot instead

50 AA 2000 ISO

For those interested, here's what it looks like in the daytime:

50 AA

And here's a shot from the top floor inside one of the Toulus

WATE

erudolph

Woody, since you've shot so much with the MM, can you share some thoughts on your reactions to producing B&W with the new M?

Status
Not open for further replies.