The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

re: Fun with the New Leica M

Surprising to see the support column of the bridge cut off (first photo) inspite of the live view option. Colors are brilliant!

D&A

Lovely Shots Daniel, especially those with the combination of ambient and artifical light at that time of day. Interesting that the shot posted below that of the motorcycle indicates a street that appears to end in a "dead end" and with all those single tire track marks. I can envision many cyclists burning rubber down one side of that divided road in the early morning hours at break neck speeds, banking a U-turn and speeding up the other side :) Hopefully of course without a new Leica M sitting next to them..LOL!

Dave (D&A)

ced

Some great images posted these days, thanks all for sharing!
Both with M9-75-Summarit.

Last edited:

algrove

Daniel, Your shots have convinced me to dig into the parts bin once more and get out some 21mm lenses to try on the M. Thanks for your posts.

Taylor Sherman

Lovely Shots Daniel, especially those with the combination of ambient and artifical light at that time of day. Interesting that the shot posted below that of the motorcycle indicates a street that appears to end in a "dead end" and with all those single tire track marks. I can envision many cyclists burning rubber down one side of that divided road in the early morning hours at break neck speeds, banking a U-turn and speeding up the other side :) Hopefully of course without a new Leica M sitting next to them..LOL!

Dave (D&A)
Given the industrial-looking area, and the fact that all the tracks are paired treads, I'd say that trucks made these. I wonder if it's really burnt rubber or just dirt or tracks in dust or something? It could also be that while making this u-turn the differentials aren't up to the task and the inner or outer wheels under- or over-speed.

Oh - meanwhile, awesome shots! I so badly want to use my 21SE on a full-frame camera. But I just can't get myself to pay for an M9 with all of its shortcomings (IMO), and the M is just too much for that.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member

I'be spent the last few days with my Leica R 280 f4.0 mounted on my M via a Novoflex adapter. The view through the EVF is crappy, but it works. I nailed focus 100% of the time - focus peaking works with this lens in daylight, even when not stopped down. Because the view was so bad I assumed I was producing poor results. In fact the files are gorgeous. This combination can't be used for sports or game because of the slithering view and slow frame to frame rate. But for landscape and the like it puts a fabulous lens in front of a very good sensor.

Here's the world's most ugly cell tower, three frames stitched.

Status
Not open for further replies.