The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

emaxxx

re: Fun with the New Leica M

Good work Woody! Your pictures are probably the nicest in color from the M240 I've seen yet. What kind of profile (or color correction) have you used on the latest?
It seems to me the downsize getdpi use somewhat degrade images making them unsharp. This is quite apparent (to me at least) on those trees pics.
If you open the links in another windows they are much better.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

I love the look but it appears to be slightly yellow biased in spite of the golden light...as the whites in the clouds appear a bit low in blue...a slight curve with increased blue of 4 or 5 points cleans these whites without affecting the overall warmth or tone of the rest of the picture.

This yellow is reminiscent of the early H3D and CFV profiles in any light.

However, this is a personal preference and I admit that the look is captivating as it stands and is truly Kodachrome like.

Bob

D&A

I love the look but it appears to be slightly yellow biased in spite of the golden light...as the whites in the clouds appear a bit low in blue...a slight curve with increased blue of 4 or 5 points cleans these whites without affecting the overall warmth or tone of the rest of the picture.

This yellow is reminiscent of the early H3D and CFV profiles in any light.

However, this is a personal preference and I admit that the look is captivating as it stands and is truly Kodachrome like.

Bob
Bob, I would tend to agree. From virtually all the M240 files I've looked at (both on the web and full rez files I've been sent), the M240 seems to presently have a strong bias towards "warmth". At times this certainly can be inviting, but at other times, especially with certain types of skin tones, it certainly in my opinion needs an adjustment in post processing. No doubt as time goes by, both firmware updates and and available camera profiles, should address most of this.

Dave (D&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.