The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharokin

Re: Fun with the New Leica M

I really liked the low asa image quality of the M9. The images had the same look as my H4D 40 which also uses a Kodak CCD sensor. Ironically the H4D 40 has slightly better high asa than the Leica.
I still haven't seen an image from the new M that moves me the way the M9 did.

Hosermage

Edward, that shot is pretty much uncropped, except to make it into a 5x7 ratio... so that's about as close to the subject as you can get with the 90mm, which is about 0.5 meters. For web displays, I don't think it's all that useful since I could have just shot it further away and crop it down a little bit to get the same result. What's cool is that the lens had a seperate set of distance scale for macro on the other side of the barrel, with the adapter, you mount the lens upside down so the macro distance scale shows on top of the lens, it seems very well thought out. I also like the 45 degree angle finder adapter (you can use it with other lenses), allows me to get a lower perspective, where without it, I might have to lie down on the ground to focus.

edwardkaraa

Thank you very much David. That confirms my impression I had about this set up. I believe the better option would be a M 240 with an R macro lens, but this will have to wait a few months.

Photojazz

Nice shot of your M5 Maggie, and nice car! The scenery is nice as well.

I have an older M3, well 2003. I don't drive it much though, it mostly sits in my garage.

jonoslack

HI Ashwin
Love the first shot (how did you set the WB - one thing is for sure - he isn't too yellow!

all the best

D&A

Inquiry minds want to know...what lens(s) used for each image? :) Ashwin, always look forward to your postings and this one is no exception. Thanks!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.