The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardkaraa

Same story as with the 28 framelines, for a 28mm, then! I find the frameline accuracy, at least on that focal length, at all focus lengths, appalling. I plan to try fixing the lever to 35mm to see it that makes it all better.. Thank you for your help! Will sift through Paris in November for one of those, and if not, a 90 TE Leica.
You're most welcome arild.

Of course, the ZM 85 is slightly wider than the Leica 90, so it's not surprising that the frames are a bit tighter. After shooting with it for a short while, you will start to previsualize how much extra coverage you get outside of the frame. No big deal, really.

Photojazz

interesting, I was noticing a rather attractive girl to the right in the 3rd shot from top,(zm85 4 set) then noticed she was wearing a Tennessee State "something" shirt. LOL. Small world indeed.

nice set Edward.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the New Leica M

You know Tim....you went through that elaborate explanantion of your post processing technique...cancel vignetting, then adding it back, then localized shapening and finally clarity adjustment....and do you think that cute adorable little pooch gives a damn....LOL! I bet you he loves his owner all the same (as his owner loves him), especally if he gets his daily treats! :) (I wasn't sure if that was your dog or not?)

Oh by the way....lovely image and yes, often times the Noct f1 can present an image like no other.

Dave (D&A)
Thanks Dave - the pooch is mine, but she doesn't know that and will happily fall asleep on any visitor or family member who she believes has access to cheese or might offer a country walk...

Photojazz

Depth of field test for 35 lux... Interesting shot.

I think my broom is a little worn... LOL I actually only used it for the front tractor wheels to give it a "parking" point when I strapped it in. I used to mow my Mother's yard, for 7 years. Now that Mom is in a home, and we have to do something with the house, I no longer use this trailer as much. We are paying someone to mow it. Thank goodness. I was worn out doing this.

m_driscoll

Nice work everybody!

Is it true that Leica only made two M's and you guys just overnight them to each other to keep us entertained?:D

Cheers, Matt

Hosermage

My nephew slept over this weekend. Half of me wished we had another child because our son was so happy playing with his cousin, but half of me was glad that we didn't because the noise level seems to grow exponentially!

No hands!

tashley

Subscriber Member

No, there's the Reichmann/Dubovoy/Reid copy and the one the Steve Huff just sold. Four in total... :D

D&A

That dog shot is awesome caught mid-air with Leica? Impressive. Great other shots here too. Zone focus indeed.
+1! Impressive indeed (shot of dog caught mid-air)..... and as Photojazz mentioned, some great shots all around by everyone. Really, really nice! David, don't you wish we could all drive like that out on the open roads? Oh wait, from the look at how drivers on my daily commute drive, some of them do...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

That dog shot is awesome caught mid-air with Leica? Impressive. Great other shots here too. Zone focus indeed.
Plus another one! What zone focus?! Way too shallow dof. I would say pre-focused and snapped at the right moment.

Nice capture. :)

kuujinbo

Wow, thank you everyone for the warm welcome. :)

And yes Vivek you got it. The dog shot was taken late afternoon/early evening so had to open up to f1.7 or so to get a good shutter speed. Also funny you mention DOF, because I haven't shot FF that long and still have some problems deciding when and how far to stop down certain shots.

richardman

Keith makes it look easy. He probably focused on the branches below and asked his daughter to chase the dog to jump. That's how I would have done it :)

Is that the 75 'lux? I'm glad you put it into great use. It wasn't get enough love here because I also have the 85/2.

Status
Not open for further replies.