The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrice

Re: Fun with the New Leica M

Aperture values in EXIF are always estimates, based on the meter reading off the shutter and through the second meter window next to the red dot.

There is no coupling of aperture ring to camera and no electronic communication between lens and body at all, I thought this was obvious.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the New Leica M

Aperture values in EXIF are always estimates, based on the meter reading off the shutter and through the second meter window next to the red dot.

There is no coupling of aperture ring to camera and no electronic communication between lens and body at all, I thought this was obvious.
It is obvious that there is no connection between the lens aperture and the camera. What is reported in the EXIF (software) is an estimate but the meter reading used by the camera is accurate, even in this day and age. One of the strong points of a Leica cam.

V

Vivek

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Leica MM, M Rokkor 28/2.8, The Hague

If the gear selection sounds boring, I can't help it. This is the best combo for me so far. I have decide against the Leica Summicron 28mm since that is bigger and offers no advantage over the old Rokkor. In fact, the Rokkor is better on the MM than the Summicron.

Amin

Great photos, all!

M.Alkhamis - really striking - especially liked the man sitting on the invisible chair

Ashwin - loved these, especially the elderly couple meeting in the street and the smiling couple at the end

Edward -lovely portrait!

One from Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts:

L1002477 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

Zeiss ZM 35/2.0 Biogon, M9

Frits

Early morning spontaneous grab-shot of SWAMLP (She Who Approves My Leica Purchases :angel: ).
M9, 50mm Summicron V4

I like the 90 Elmarit-M for more organized portraits, but I keep grabbing the 50mm Summicron for the quick available light shots. As is the case here, these are not the sharpest (ISO at 320, f/2.8, 1/45 s.) nor are they the best technically (pose, expression, not quite looking into the lens) - but I love taking these.
I keep wondering whether I should get a 50mm Summilux ASPH for these instead.... I had one lined up a week ago, but it fell through. I am sooooo on the fence on this.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Photojazz

Fritz, it's Doug from the Cafe, in case you didn't know my identity here. lol. It seems we both have drifted into the lighter side of Leica, from the Dark side of Nikon. But I am keeping 1 foot planted in each for now.

Your wife, lovely as ever. She seemed a little tense in this shot. get her to loosen up a bit, heh.

I say get whatever glass you can that you enjoy. A 50 lux is a great lens to have, IMO. For many people, it becomes their favorite lens. To me, a 35 and 50 lux are the two most important lenses that I recently acquired. I did have a nice 35 cron, which I sold, great lens.

I say go for it.

Last edited:

rayyan

Thanks for the ' likes ' folks...

Are you a street photographer, Rayyan?

Ya, I said. And added hastily..' What's a street to you?'

Now to dig up them snaps from Amsterdam!

Lloyd

Thanks for the ' likes ' folks...

Are you a street photographer, Rayyan?

Ya, I said. And added hastily..' What's a street to you?'

Now to dig up them snaps from Amsterdam!
Looking forward to "them snaps from Amsterdam".

Love this shot... very timeless quality here. :clap::clap::clap:

V

Vivek

Early morning spontaneous grab-shot of SWAMLP (She Who Approves My Leica Purchases :angel: ).
M9, 50mm Summicron V4

I like the 90 Elmarit-M for more organized portraits, but I keep grabbing the 50mm Summicron for the quick available light shots. As is the case here, these are not the sharpest (ISO at 320, f/2.8, 1/45 s.) nor are they the best technically (pose, expression, not quite looking into the lens) - but I love taking these.
I keep wondering whether I should get a 50mm Summilux ASPH for these instead.... I had one lined up a week ago, but it fell through. I am sooooo on the fence on this.

Thoughts?
Here is mine. Of the few of your shots (of your wife) that I have seen here, I think this is the best.

Do not ruin a good combo. Stick with it. Forget the Summilux 50 or Summarit 90 for good portraits. Of course, you can always buy them for the sake of having them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.