The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

Thanks for the ' likes ' folks...

Are you a street photographer, Rayyan?

Ya, I said. And added hastily..' What's a street to you?'

Now to dig up them snaps from Amsterdam!
Aside from all lovely the tourist snaps, I would love to see some pictures from your neck of the world. Yesterday, I saw a clip on BBC with all the youngsters doing crazy stunts with cars (and several taking snaps with their DSLRs) in S.Arabia. Looks like a great subject to me. :)

Link to BBC: BBC News - Saudi drivers in 'sidewalk skiing' craze.

Last edited:

Amin

Thank you Amin. That's a very dramamtic shot with the Biogon. And, wow, that horizon completely distortion free :)
Thanks, Edward. I've never been one to care a lot abut a little barrel distortion, but this lens is spoiling me. It is nice for straight lines to remain so perfectly straight!

rayyan

Aside from all lovely the tourist snaps, I would love to see some pictures from your neck of the world. Yesterday, I saw a clip on BBC with all the youngsters doing crazy stunts with cars (and several taking snaps with their DSLRs) in S.Arabia. Looks like a great subject to me. :)

Link to BBC: BBC News - Saudi drivers in 'sidewalk skiing' craze.

Vivek, I shall try and dig up some; but no promises.

BTW, S. Arabia refers to some place other than where I reside. My home is in Saudi Arabia.

Best.

rayyan

Vivek, I found some at hand...

From the car...

I have been a resident in the place below, not too long ago..

A roundabout..a very big one..

Apologies, but they are not Leica shots.

rayyan

Thanks a bunch folks for the ' likes '. Very much appreciated.

For the Opera lovers amongst us. Ayesha bought the ticket. I excused myself.

I still have not figured out if an opera is a musical or what. In any case, I have a hard time figuring out what friends are saying in a foreign language...

But do you all follow what the opera singer/s ( ? ) actually say? It remains an art form that has eluded me thus far; and it is too late now anyway..

I did ask Ayesha what the performance was all about. ' It was in Italian ' she said.

Last edited:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Resorting to gimmicks for the next few posts. Shooting my MM in infrared. R72 filter on 35mm Lux FLE. IR focus shift for this lens is near nill but shooting at f4 to give myself a little cushion on focus. 1/60 or 90 to handhold. This works out to about ISO 5000 in daylight. Here we go (on the golf course today):

Last edited:

teeraash

ME and 35 Summilux&Summicron , 50 Summilux
Would not be able to post for awhile. Bye now and see you all again in July. Have a happy shooting everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.