The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwinrao1

Thanks, David and Mikal! As for the wedding, I am definitely going to be in the market for a Leica photographer...that may be a bit challenging, but my fingers will be crossed!!!

mAlKhamis

Thanks, everyone. It was a special trip. For those of you who don't know, I got engaged in Paris, and then it was off to Italy to enjoy further :)...

Wonderful pics, everyone!
A big congrats Ashwin, wish you a happy life filled with joy, and of course mastery level photography :D, a big cheers! for the upcoming weds !! :chug:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
For the past couple of days I've been pushing the MM to extremes to see where the limits are (you've seen the IRs). I tried shooting landscape at ISO 10,000, primarily with my 18mm super elmar and an orange filter, which just works (barely) daylight at f16 and 1/4000. I've been stitching multiple images and downsizing by 4x - effectively binning to reduce noise and to move resolution out of the diffraction range. The results have been interesting, although a little bit hit or miss - it will take a bit more work to decide whether this is worth continuing. An example:

thrice

Woody, truly inspiring work, your landscapes, street portraits and IR shots are fantastic.

With the IR, try shooting with a 2GB SD card (if you can find one) to avoid all banding in pushed files.

D&A

Congratulations Ashwin! What a wonderful location to get engaged and a wonderful time in life. Like all here I wish you much happiness and joy in life's adventures.

Photographing your wedding would be fantastic, especially knowing the images would be both viewed and appreciated from someone who has a mastery of producing great images.

Dave (D&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.