The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

erudolph

Re: Fun with the New Leica M

A little too much post production on the first one; it was a problem exposure.

90mm Macro-Elmar

50mm AA. I'm reposting this one from the fun with digital-m thread. It disappeared from there when its link to flickr was broken because i modified the file in lightroom and then was forced to republish. wish that didn't happen.

Last edited:

rga

Down in Southern California visiting our first grandchild, Leo:

Morning Light With Grandma:

On the move:

Topsy Turvy:

Fun to play with Leo and the M9!

scott kirkpatrick

Re: a little Summilux 35 FLE Bokeh

Two kinds of bokeh (ladies at the bar, lit bottles...) and note that Tim Ashley's observations about the FLE's curvy plane of focus when wide open is borne out. See the in focus menu and silverware on the table, left foreground, closer to the camera than the subjects.

scott

V

Vivek

Scott, Your pictures need a bit of resizing (they are very large).

As result of that, I have the following observations.

1. The menu is out of the focus as is the silver ware. No worries with filed flatness.

2. There is fine horizontal banding. Look at the right of the girl in front and the top left corner area. Shoot at a lower ISO or use appropriate PP to tackle that.

Recently spent a weekend visiting family back home in Ashland, WI, and had the opportunity to get one morning and make some captures around town before it was fully alive. All were shot with an M9 and 24 Elmar-M ASPH; processed with Color Efex Pro 4 and Silver Efex Pro 2.

my hometown: ashland, wi: CASH STORE [b&w] by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

my hometown: ashland, wi: main street window reflection [colour] by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

my hometown: ashland, wi: Hecs Bar Profile [colour] by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

my hometown: ashland, wi: puddle between buildings [b&w] by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

my hometown: ashland, wi: SUPER WASH [b&w] by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

my hometown: ashland, wi: lonely building on main street (one of many) [colour] by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

See the entire black and white set here: Ashland, WI [Monochrome]

See the entire colour set here: Ashland, WI [Colour]

Cheers!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Recently spent a weekend visiting family back home in Ashland, WI, and had the opportunity to get one morning and make some captures around town before it was fully alive. All were shot with an M9 and 24 Elmar-M ASPH; processed with Color Efex Pro 4 and Silver Efex Pro 2.

my hometown:
See the entire black and white set here: [URL="http://cargocollective.com/newnormalphotography/Ashland-WI-Monochrome"]Ashland, WI [Monochrome]

See the entire colour set here: Ashland, WI [Colour]

Cheers!
I love your hometown, Ashland, WI. You did a great job of capturing its quaintness.

Lloyd

Cheers!
Great set! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Frits

My totally pimped-out M9

Picture this:
A very welcome weekend after a busy week at work. Sunday tee-time at the club, time to catch some rays, hit some balls and wiggle a few $$ our of my friend's pocket in the process.
Reality:
Rain coming down in buckets all day. Forget about golf. Hello totally wasted Sunday # 542 (or so...).

After a few hours of b*tching and moaning, I figured this was as good a time as any to take a picture OF my beloved, totally pimped-out Leica. Definitely nothing- or nobody else around...

So, here she is - all dressed up - on my table tripod (you guessed it: custom made):

The M9, RRS L-bracket and grip, Thumbs Up thumb rest, Voigtlander 25mm viewfinder (for the Elmar-M 24mm), 1.25 X viewfinder magnifier, Giotto Schott Glass LCD protector, Artisan & Artist strap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.