The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Thanks friends for the ' likes '. Much appreciated.

I recently had a chance to use with both the Monochrom and the M-240, for sometime. Nice. Both of them.

I am lucky ( or stupid!! ) to have purchased the ME. I took it with me to Laos, and have posted some images here using that cam.

I have a very short trip coming up immediately. I have thought, and not slept and fussed, and packed and unpacked my camera gear. I have agonized over what to take and what to leave behind re: cam gear.

Instinctively and I say this with all honesty, I keep coming back to pick my M8 again and again. Nothing feels as right when I hold the cams as my battered M8. Strange indeed.

For what size I print; for what I take pics of; for what I instinctively know how it shall react and above all for what I bond with..it is the M8.

Here are some reworked images from the M8..

An M8; a cron 28 asph, and a cron 75 apo...For me, Leica at its best.
Plus I shall add a Fuji XE1 with the Fujinon XF 35/1.4 R lens. for all my low light needs.

This is the Fuji...at 2500

jonoslack

Thank you everyone for the likes.

I'm getting more and more enamoured of the black and white with the M(240) - lovely!

I recently had a chance to use with both the Monochrom and the M-240, for sometime. Nice. Both of them.

I am lucky ( or stupid!! ) to have purchased the ME. I took it with me to Laos, and have posted some images here using that cam.

I have a very short trip coming up immediately. I have thought, and not slept and fussed, and packed and unpacked my camera gear. I have agonized over what to take and what to leave behind re: cam gear.

Instinctively and I say this with all honesty, I keep coming back to pick my M8 again and again. Nothing feels as right when I hold the cams as my battered M8. Strange indeed.

For what size I print; for what I take pics of; for what I instinctively know how it shall react and above all for what I bond with..it is the M8.
HI There Ray - is it not just that you've spent more time with your M8?
For lots of us, when it came out, it was all there was for 3 years until the M9, and during that time it was used constantly.
After that there were two cameras - most of us kept the M8 as a backup, so we didn't get the concentrated time with the M9.
Now there is also the MM, and the Fuji kit too - too confusing to get it to second nature. I know that's the way for me.

For the last months though I've been only using the M(240), and mostly just as a rangefinder - it's becoming second nature to me, and another couple of years at it would make it as comfortable as the M8. . . . and of course it means I don't need a Fuji for low light (and muddy water).

all the best

rayyan

Thank you everyone for the likes.

I'm getting more and more enamoured of the black and white with the M(240) - lovely!

HI There Ray - is it not just that you've spent more time with your M8?
For lots of us, when it came out, it was all there was for 3 years until the M9, and during that time it was used constantly.
After that there were two cameras - most of us kept the M8 as a backup, so we didn't get the concentrated time with the M9.
Now there is also the MM, and the Fuji kit too - too confusing to get it to second nature. I know that's the way for me.

For the last months though I've been only using the M(240), and mostly just as a rangefinder - it's becoming second nature to me, and another couple of years at it would make it as comfortable as the M8. . . . and of course it means I don't need a Fuji for low light (and muddy water).

all the best
Hi Jono..

Of course I have spent more time with the M8. Even more with the D-lux4.
And more time with my Nikon F and my Spotmatic.

But that is not the issue in my case. It is simply a case of diminishing returns.
And what suits me. I do not want to chase every new cam on the market, when the one I have does its job for me and to my liking.

For me, and me alone, I do not find the new Leicas to be worth my time and money.

Others want to chase every new item that pops up. More power to them.

The longest time I have spent is with my physical and mental self. I know it's deficiencies and a few of its strengths ( this grows very short daily ).

Within my limitations and the camera's..I can photograph whatever I want with the M8.

When it's display goes, I am out of Leica. And my eyes shall be happier too!

erudolph

Went to a conference in SF on Friday the 13th...

Hey David, that conference you attended was about three quarters of a mile from my house. In fact, while you were there I may have been working out in the gym off the atrium with those giant wooden statues. If you're going to be there again, PM me.

Hosermage

Hey Ed, so sorry to miss the chance to meet another forum member, but it was for 1 day only. Maybe next time! It was a nice campus with everything feeling very "new", the only thing I didn't like was the noise pollution from the near by constructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.