The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reprocessing some older photos lately. As I understand more about RAW processing and how little tweaks to the RAW file before using Color Efex Pro or Silver Efex Pro makes a huge difference, especially with subtle details.

M8 + 28 Elmarit-M ASPH; Silver Efex Pro; Southwest MN; 2/4/11

Silo's on the horizon and snow from here to there by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

M8 + 50 Summicron-M; Silver Efex Pro; Southwest MN; 6/3/11

Into the Sun: power lines & towers at sunset [b&w] by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

M8 + 28 Elmarit-M ASPH; Color Efex Pro; Clarkfiled, MN; 6/4/11

at the carny: empty seat [colour] by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

M8 + 28 Elmarit-M ASPH; Color Efex Pro; Clarkfiled, MN; 6/4/11

at the carny: Dizzy Dragons [colour] by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

jonoslack

Hrumph
Well, I've been messing with other cameras, Matt, I like your M photos better . . . . . I like my M photos better as well.

The first of these was interesting, as I hadn't even thought of trying to take it with the M, but I had compared two other cameras with the same shot - it was an honourable draw, but I like this one better.

Flowing

Poison​

Both with the M, and the Noctilux at 0.95 with the OUFRO

seakayaker

1/18/2014 ~ Seattle Seaplanes ~ South Lake Union ~ East Lake Neighborhood ~ Seattle, WA

M9 ~ Summilux-M 35mm f1.4 ASPH ~ 7 photograph blend HDR

seakayaker

MPK2010, two beautiful captures. Love the light with the fog, trees and stone walkway, I feel I could to be walking along enjoying the night air. . . . . . and again love the lone tug boat all lit up against the dark background with the city lighting up its wake. The fog lit up around the ferry/ship in the background just adds to the nautical theme.

A couple of winners! JMHO!

(I will admit I am partial to fog and nautical scenes)

MPK2010

Thank you Dan. Fog was heavy all day, but by the time I made it out it had mostly dissipated on our side, and you could see the boats on the river. Circling back to the same spot a few minutes later, a heavy fog had rolled back in and visibility was about 50 yards.

seakayaker

Play with ISO 1250, f3.4, 32 sec and handheld, taken at pond site at Angkor Wat while waiting for sunrise, lots of photographers clicking
John a wild colorful photograph and demonstrates the power of long handheld exposures. Do you have a photo of the sunrise? ..... or a photo of the photographers with a short exposure?

It looks like it was a beautiful gathering and certainly raised my curiosity, if you have some other photographs it would be nice to see them.

seakayaker

MT, the boat house reflected is stunning, love the tones, the blacks in the reflections, the detail from reeds to clouds, visually a beautiful photograph!

seakayaker

NOAA S 221 having a survey performed at the Lake Union Dry Dock at South Lake Union, Eastlake Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Leica M9 ~ Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH

Status
Not open for further replies.