The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayaker

Runners in the Pack passing water station at the Brooks Fremont 5K running along the Burke Gilman Trail in the Wallingford Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Elmar - M 24mm f3.8 ASPH -- ISO 160 -- f3.8 -- 1/750

seakayaker

Runners in the Pack of the Brooks Fremont 5K running along the Burke Gilman Trail in the Wallingford Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Elmar - M 24mm f3.8 ASPH -- ISO 160 -- f8.0 -- 1/90

Last edited:

jaknight

I apologise for my stupidity, but I have tried to find the answer on FAQ without success.
1) What is the best size of image to post?
2) How is the best way to go about it? I have tried adding one as an 'attachment', and it shows up as a thumbnail. If I try 'insert an image', it asks for a URL when I want to take the file off my computer.
Thank you,
John

ReeRay

John

Something around 800-1000 pixels on the long side is good. Normally people upload from a web source that allows BBCode attachments which show the full sized image, however, if this facility is not available to you, just upload from your desktop and the thumbnails will enlarge when clicked on.

Hope this helps

Robert Campbell

John

Something around 800-1000 pixels on the long side is good. Normally people upload from a web source that allows BBCode attachments which show the full sized image, however, if this facility is not available to you, just upload from your desktop and the thumbnails will enlarge when clicked on.

Hope this helps
You can, for example, upload from Flickr. This has options for BB Code, and for various sizes. If you wish, before you post, you can edit out the details of your Flickr account. You can also choose sizes; I usually go for 800 pixels—I'm guessing, but many people might view on a laptop, where anything much larger needs a lot of scrolling.

jaknight

Dear ReeRay and Robert,

Thank you for your assistance. This is such a great resource. I should look to opening a web page.

John

seakayaker

View while sitting on a bench of a photographer taking a family portrait of three generations at Golden Gardens Park/Beach, Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Color then Black & White

M9 with Leica Elmar - M 24mm f3.8 ASPH -- ISO 160 -- f4.8 -- 1/3000

seakayaker

Rental Kayaks waiting for customers on Golden Garden Beach, Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Black and White then Color

M9 with Leica Elmar - M 24mm f3.8 ASPH -- ISO 160 -- f11 -- 1/500

seakayaker

View of Museum of History & Industry, South Lake Union Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Color then Black & White

M9 with Leica Elmar - M 24mm f3.8 ASPH -- ISO 160 -- f4.0 -- 1/500

seakayaker

Sunset over Green Lake, Green Lake Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Color then Black & White

M9 with Leica Elmar-M 24mm f3.8 ASPH ~ ISO 160 ~ f4.8 ~ 1/500

jonoslack

HI There
There's nothing like a wedding for fun shots - especially when you aren't responsible for shooting it!

Dance Time

Cuddling Auntie Anna

Unfortunate Proposition​

all the best

chrism

One M9 and three Monochrom images in order, as a siamese cat decided to do a pretty polly act on my son's shoulders after dinner:

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.