The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayaker

Seakayaker - what great slices of life you post. The colors are always fantastic. If only I could get my kids to move out of the house (they are 7, 9, and 13) my wife and I would have disposable income to visit the Pacific Northwest.
Thanks for your kind words, they are appreciated.

Hopefully you do get a chance to visit the great Pacific Northwest. Like many places in this country it is beautiful. It may be awhile before you get the kids to move out of the house so you may want to just pack them along for a visit.

I made the mistake of coming up this way in 1995 for three job interviews with a company over a 4 month period, August, September and November. I moved here in January 1996 and left the company 4 years later but never left the Seattle area because of its beautiful scenery, climate, and lifestyle. You can be outdoors all four seasons.

If you ever get up this way would be happy to meet up and give you a tour and provide some suggestions depending on what you like to do.

seakayaker

Justin at 40, Birthday Gathering, Beacon Hill Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH ~ ISO200 ~ 1/180 ~ f10

seakayaker

Brunnera, Begonia, Hosta at Volunteer Park, Capitol Hill Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH ~ ISO160 ~ 1/25 ~ f13

seakayaker

Hydrangea, Garden in Wallingford Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH ~ ISO640 ~ 1/45 ~ f8

Last edited:

seakayaker

Waiting ~ Irwin's Neighborhood Bakery, Wallingford Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH ~ ISO320 ~ 1/180 ~ f1.7

seakayaker

View from Alki Beach in West Seattle across Elliot Bay to the Magnolia & Queen Anne Neighborhoods, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH ~ ISO80 ~ 1/45 ~ f5.7

sjg284

Not had a big trip in a while, next one is in October.. but took a long weekend to Miami

On the way we stopped in Atlanta, to meet some new friends.
The Zoo runs a behind the scenes tours to help raise funds for the animals care.
They have been pretty successful breeding program in recent years, raising young cubs which then go back to China to be reintroduced to natural habitat.

They are certainly well fed..

Inventory is impressive

Mornings can be tough..

Meeting Mom, taking a snack break from the public

Snack

seakayaker

Trees on 17th Ave NE Ravenna Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH ~ ISO400 ~ 1/30 ~ f11 with ND filter 1.8 - 6 Stop

seakayaker

Early Gathering for a Evening Barbeque, Shoreline, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH ~ ISO400 ~ 1/30 ~ f11 ~ ND filter 1.8 6 Stop

seakayaker

Rafting, Swimming, & Sunbathing on the Skykomish River, Monroe, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH ~ ISO400 ~ 1/30 ~ f16 ~ ND filter 1.8 6 Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.