The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayaker

8/16/2014 - Abkhazi Garden and Tea Room, Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia

Leica M9 ~ Summicrom-M 35mm f/2 ASPH ~ ISO 400 ~ 1/180 ~ f13

8/16 - Sadie & Ava at the Abkhazi Garden and Tea Room, Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia

Leica M9 ~ Summicrom-M 35mm f/2 ASPH ~ ISO 400 ~ 1/250 ~ f11

rayyan

As my wife and me grow older, she has started to develop an aversion tp my using my aspheric a lenses for her portraits.

I, too suddenly find that the aspheric a sharpness, quite a few times, makes me uncomfortable.

So I have started to go thru my small collection of non-asphs.

Here are two with the 50mm pre-asph..jpg straight from the camera, cropped from full size, just a little curve..

Robert Campbell

As my wife and me grow older, she has started to develop an aversion tp my using my aspheric a lenses for her portraits.

I, too suddenly find that the aspheric a sharpness, quite a few times, makes me uncomfortable.

So I have started to go thru my small collection of non-asphs.
I agree with you both; I'm starting to use some very elderly lenses, accepting that they aren't as clinically sharp as the new ones, because I want to try to get an "impression" of things, not a perfect representation. (The Elmar used in the post above is an f:3.5 example; though a bayonet fit, it's a very early Leitz design.)

Godfrey

Leica M9 + Color-Skopar 28mm f/3.5
ISO 320 @ f/3.5 @ 1/30 second

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

Hosermage

Wayfarer Chapel in Palos Verdes... a glass structure, but I couldn't get in because a wedding ceremony was happening inside. When zoomed 100%, you can see the bride and groom.

Hosermage

We visited an interesting place last weekend, the Sunken City landslide area in San Pedro. It was a residential area by the coast that has been lost to massive landslide many years ago. Even thought there are big fences surrounding it now, people still find their way in to explore and to "decorate".

rayyan

The weather is lovely in Seoul. And the people have been very kind and gracious in giving us directions and we have been helped everywhere. Really wonderful.

I went to Chungmuro...if one likes film and photography, one goes there. Seen to be believed.

I have either sprained my ankle or worse...let's see tomorrow; what the doc says..I am hopping about:mad:

Here is the first of many ( I hope ).

seakayaker

09/08/2014 ~ Ivar's Salmon House ~ NE Northlake Way, Wallingford Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH -- ISO 400 -- 1/125 -- f1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.