The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosermage

Some really nice shots over the weekend!

We spent a few days in San Diego... While in Legoland, I couldn't resist to steal a few shots of cute kids.

Then I saw this red-headed boy, I approached his father and asked if I can take a photo of him. At first, he was a little hesitant, but I told him I'm just an amateur photographer.

random pictures while waiting in line...

seakayaker

10/16/2014 ~ Black, White, and Blur, Walking through Magnolia Village, Magnolia Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica APO Summicron-M 75mm f2 ASPH -- ISO 2000 -- 1/15 -- f2.0

seakayaker

10/18/2014 ~ Doug Stone ~ Poet ~ Reading in the 'Scholar's Study' ~ Lan Su Chinese Garden ~ Portland, Oregon

M9 with Leica Elmar-M 24mm f/3.8 ASPH -- ISO 80 -- 1/45 -- f3.8

seakayaker

10/19/2014 ~ Fishing Vessel Waiting to Pass Through The Small Lock ~ Hiram M. Chittenden Locks ~ Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Elmar-M 24mm f/3.8 ASPH -- ISO 80 -- 1/3000 -- f5.7

scott kirkpatrick

Radio Telescopes

Radio telescope arrays, in order to get resolving power (like the way a rangefinder's accuracy depends on its baseline width) spread out across the New Mexico desert:

Up close, they are pretty big:

but not beyond human scale:

Well not all of them. Those are the Very Large Array (VLA) in Socorro, NM. The world's biggest single-dish (higher sensitivity but lower resolution) telescope is in Green Bank, WV, so sensitive that it has its own national radio quiet zone around it.

scott

Status
Not open for further replies.