The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

What with all these 40-50-100? megapixel bodies being announced; I feel totally
antique ( age wise I am ).

My house is not big enough to hang the prints from such high megapixel cam prints..to do full justice to them.

They surely must satisfy some user's needs ( why else manufacture them ), even if it is just to talk about them.

For me, even 10.3 mp is good enough for the photographs I take and the A3 size which is my max print size.

Details? I get plenty. For my eyes. That's what matters to me.

Speaking for me only, I better try to improve my photography by taking my 10/12/16 mp cams and see if I can use them to their max. I do not understand the high megapixel lingo anyway.

ptomsu

Workshop Member

My house is not big enough to hang the prints from such high megapixel cam prints..to do full justice to them.

They surely must satisfy some user's needs ( why else manufacture them ), even if it is just to talk about them.

For me, even 10.3 mp is good enough for the photographs I take and the A3 size which is my max print size.

Speaking for me only, I better try to improve my photography by taking my 10/12/16 mp cams and see if I can use them to their max. I do not understand the high megapixel lingo anyway.
Rayyan,

so the obvious solution is you need a bigger (much bigger) house first and then you can go for higher MP cameras :D - just kidding! Same is true for me and I guess most others here!

Peter

rayyan

Peter thanks for stopping by.

On my pension, cannot do either. Waiting for oil to go up
and maybe afford ramen.

Best wishes.

Rayyan,

so the obvious solution is you need a bigger (much bigger) house first and then you can go for higher MP cameras :D - just kidding! Same is true for me and I guess most others here!

Peter

silver92b

LOL! I still have my R-D1. Lovely camera but only produces 6mp images.. Of course, the M240 has a larger sensor. I think the larger megapixel sensors are just part and parcel of the technological advances that are being made. Surely they help the marketing of the products...

Rayyan,

Peter
A great piece of advise to be sure... A much bigger house would surely accommodate larger prints :thumbup: But as you say, most of us here are probably in the same position. Still, it's nice to be able to make those large prints should the occasion arise ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.