The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBrew

Thanks, Mike. You are posting very nice images and I, for one, really appreciate them. And they make me almost sorry I'm going to put my M-P up for sale. But I really don't like the camera as compared to the M8.2 - just me. I miss the simplicity and those terrific bw conversions and there is a weight difference. OTOH, I will miss the sublime shutter and the long battery life.
I know the more I see of your work I will kick myself, but I've been in the Leica game for a long time now and I have realized what I like.

Mike Woods

Thanks, Mike. You are posting very nice images and I, for one, really appreciate them. And they make me almost sorry I'm going to put my M-P up for sale. But I really don't like the camera as compared to the M8.2 - just me. I miss the simplicity and those terrific bw conversions and there is a weight difference. OTOH, I will miss the sublime shutter and the long battery life.
I know the more I see of your work I will kick myself, but I've been in the Leica game for a long time now and I have realized what I like.
Hi John

Interesting observation about the bw conversions. I convert quite a bit to bw, and have been thinking about the M246.... But to be honest (perhaps because of no previous film experience) I can't really tell if my bw is any good, or if the 246 would give me any more than the 240.

Last night I was playing around with M240 conversions, comparing LR and Silver Efex. I know people rave about the latter but I couldn't really see what it was giving me that I couldn't get in LR.

I do know I couldn't live without colour. So for me its now about waiting to see what Leica deliver later this year. Maybe i'll take the M11 (?) and switch the 240 for a 246.

Nice that we have these choices :)

All the best

Mike

Maggie O

Shanghai, May 25, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

The Corner of Filbert And Columbus, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Alley, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Little Vine, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Little Bubbles, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Alfa Romero, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Locks, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

the house, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Columbus And Broadway, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Pug, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Balladeer, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Dancer On Broadway, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Kearney And Broadway, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Mario's, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Pigeons And Diners, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

My Old Apartment, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Gino and Carlo, North Beach, San Francisco, CA, May 31, 2016 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Mike Woods

Mike, you seem to spend quite some time in the "woods" nowadays, but what about "bath" ?

Kind regards.
Hi Bart

Yes I spend more time now in the woods, its a quiet escape for me from my working life, and I enjoy trying to find compositions amongst the woodland chaos!
But I still get to Bath:

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.