The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Several weeks of using the M-D and I'm absolutely convinced (and delighted!) ... this is my perfect M camera.

Leica M-D + Color Skopar 28mm f/3.5
ISO 320 @ f/8 @ 1/12

enjoy!
G

bifi25

(Leica M9 + Carl Zeiss Biogon 28mm 2.8) + (Leica M240 + Summilux-M 50mm 1.4 Asph.) + Lightroom 6 -----Germany - Bonn - Königswinter - Rhein - Drachenfels

Seascape

Hi Godfrey,

Just wondering about your impressions of the 90 Rokkor/Elmar C on a current 24MP sensor.

I am thinking about one for a general purpose compact carry around 90 on not just a M240, a Monochrom, but also M43 16MP compact camera via adapter.

How would you rate the colour fidelity, contrast, and resolution vs some modest current day lenses?

BTW, sold my VC 28 3.5 (chrome) some time ago, I see you are still using one……just loved it on my M8 :thumbs:

Godfrey

Hi Godfrey,

Just wondering about your impressions of the 90 Rokkor/Elmar C on a current 24MP sensor.
I am thinking about one for a general purpose compact carry around 90 on not just a M240, a Monochrom, but also M43 16MP compact camera via adapter.
How would you rate the colour fidelity, contrast, and resolution vs some modest current day lenses?

BTW, sold my VC 28 3.5 (chrome) some time ago, I see you are still using one……just loved it on my M8 :thumbs:
The M-Rokkor/Elmar-C 90mm f/4 has performed beautifully on every camera I've fitted it to: Olympus E-M1, Ricoh GXR-M, Sony A7, Leica M9, Leica M-P, Leica SL, Leica M-D. My M-Rokkor 90mm is one of the production run made in Wetzlar on the same manufacturing line as the Elmar-C, only difference is the markings on the bezel and filter thread. I am delighted by it and see no need whatever for any other M-mount 90mm ... I have the Summicron-R 90mm f/2 lens for the SL when I want an entirely different look.

The Color Skopar 28/3.5 is a wonderful lens on film but only really worked on digital for me with the Ricoh GXR-M, at least for color work. There's simply too much color shifting and vignetting otherwise. I don't use it much anymore unless I pull out the M4-2 or CL.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.