The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott kirkpatrick

Re: Fun w/Digital M9 Images

Got out the M9 purchased in 2009 to check for corrosion. With a magnifier or a white-wall shot, I see lots of crud, and a few peculiar sparkles, which might be coating flaking off, but the pictures still come out fine:

L4015183 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Tai, the scruffy little kitten whose pictures I was proudly posting on GetDPI 18 to 12 months ago, has gotten to be pretty elegant.

scott

bensonga

I was in southern Arizona, not far from the Chiricahua National Monument last weekend. On Sunday we drove over to Bisbee for dinner at Cafe Roka. Took a few photos of the silos on the drive back to our B&B. I'm not sure what agricultural products are stored in these silos.

Gary Benson

M9, Zeiss 50mm f2 Planar, converted to BW with SilverEfex Pro

bensonga

Same photo but processed a little differently in SilverEfex Pro2. I will be printing one of these images for the June B&W print exchange when I get back to Alaska this weekend. It should look good on Red River Polar Pearl Metallic paper.

Gary

bensonga

Masonic Temple and Prescott National Bank buildings. I really enjoying seeing older brick and stone buildings like these. There just aren't any like them in Anchorage.

Someday, I hope to have an MM, so I can compare BW renderings. I am really curious to know how different they would be for an image like this one.

M9 and Zeiss 50mm f2 Planar

Last edited:

D&A

Same kit Monochrom MM1 and 28 Summaron.....great compact travel kit!!
Very interesting photograph. The two women on the left at that very moment show little interest in looking at the painting in front of them. That's reinforced by the darkened gray matter (ie: brain) of the two most left hand areas on the painting. The third woman (on the right side of the bench) looks to be in thought over the painting, which can be interpreted by the lightly colored gray matter on the right side of the painting. Nicely captured!

Dave (D&A)

bensonga

Just north of Prescott, Arizona on my way to Jerome, Sedona and Flagstaff today I passed thru an area of amazing granite rock formations. Most of the area was private property, including a gated housing development. I did find one public road which wound thru some of the huge rock formations. Interesting geological formations are always one of the highlights of these road trips for me.

A similar photo taken with my A7R2 is posted on the Fun with Sony Cameras thread.

Gary Benson

M9 and Zeiss 35mm f2 Biogon

Last edited:

Magic

Same photo but processed a little differently in SilverEfex Pro2. I will be printing one of these images for the June B&W print exchange when I get back to Alaska this weekend. It should look good on Red River Polar Pearl Metallic paper.

Gary

Nice but IMHO too grainy (ISO ?, purposely ?) and before printing them, I would remove the lens/sensor durst spots. On a different note - I like the first version with the slightly brighter sky better. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.