The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithL

Another two from a recent shoot in Greece.

The Director's Chair. M240, 21mm SEM, 1.5 sec, f/11, ISO 200.

Burnt Offerings. M240, 21mm SEM, 12 sec, f/11, ISO 400.

scott kirkpatrick

Re: Final night, Maccabiah 2017

The Maccabiah, although organized like the Olympics, professionally run with competitors from 60+ countries, isn't quite Olympics-level competition. The pole vaulters that I shot two nights ago reached 4.6 meters, while the world record is now just above 6 m. But the junior competition is strong, and our 10th grade neighbor (who is taller than I am) got a silver in the girls' high jump...

L8001740 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

and I really love those big lights

L8001745 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

scott

Stan ROX

Usually, when I came to Paris before (and I did a LOT of trips to Paris the last years) , I literally brought tons of equipment with me. This time, I only had my Leica M240 and a very few lenses with me. My bag was so small that I felt this will never be gonna work out.

Not only that -I also did not carry a laptop with me, but only my iPad to upload some of my images during my three days and in the end, I was little bit nervous not accidentally format my SD-card at some time :shocked:

But everything went well, and I had some very nice images. Enjoy some more on my blog: www.steinert-hausmann.de

Robert Campbell

A short, unexpected visit to Thun in the Bernese Oberland last week. Was distinctly hot and hazy. A couple of pix of the Niesen, Thun's 'triangular' mountain. First from the 'Vesuvius'(!) of Thun, 35mm Summarit; second with 75mm Apo 'cron on M240. Both lenses have UV filters.

rayyan

Thanks people for the ' likes '.

" Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. "

Robert Campbell

Thanks for the likes of the Niesen pix.

You'll be familiar with Toblerone and its distinctive shape. The factory is in Bern; the centrally located original is now part of the University — Unitobler — but the factory itself moved a little further out to Bern-Brunnen.

Toblerone is said to have been inspired by the shape of the Matterhorn; but looking at the Niesen, which is quite close to Bern, I really wonder...

Robert Campbell

The 7artisans f1/1 lens is an interesting alternative to a Noctilux; it's about a twentieth of the cost. It seems well made; the aperture scale isn't equally spaced, getting compressed as you go to f/16; there is no marking for f/11, and there are no click stops. It's coded as a Noctilux, but this doesn't always work; there is just the slightest movement in the bayonet on my M240: perhaps it's best to fully seat it, then try to turn the other way. It's a 'double Gauss' design, and said to give impressive bokeh. Here are a few snaps with it, all on an M240, tripod mounted, cable released, pull 100 ISO. I made no changes between exposures. All were imported into LR6, then uploaded to Flickr. I made no processing alterations. The exposures are left to right, top to bottom, f/1.1, 1.4, 2, 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 16. (No f/11) The point of focus is (supposed to be) on the rosebud in the centre; I used both the rangefinder and the EVF (the lens came correctly adjusted when tested against the provided scale.)

The images are small to make comparison easier. If you'd like some larger, just say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.