The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

I love autumn. And the time as spring leads into autumn.
And I love Zurich too!

M8, cron 28/2 asph.
It makes sounds to wake up the dead. So I carry ear plugs to give anyone nearby.

But it still makes glorious images. Sound and no fury..but pure joy.

rayyan

I just love the autumn leaves lying on the roadside, after rain.

Now if I only had the xyzzy camera?

M8, ZM 50/1.5

rayyan

Walking along on a bitterly cold Canadian winter evening, I paused.
Paused, pressed the shutter. Woke up the neighborhood.

But I had a nice image...

M8, cron 28 asph

M8..still far beyond my capabilities.

chiquita

I love autumn. And the time as spring leads into autumn.
And I love Zurich too!

M8, cron 28/2 asph.
It makes sounds to wake up the dead. So I carry ear plugs to give anyone nearby.

But it still makes glorious images. Sound and no fury..but pure joy.

Nice set of images rayyan.... I love Zurich too :)

rayyan

Thanks people :thumbs:

After having said that, now this assertion..
My Leica is better than all your cameras...there!
Feel much better, having got rid of that feeling!

ChrisLivsey

M9
It was one of those days with persistent rain so it was table top, or actually floor, time. I keep looking at the Visolflex "lego' kit but I don't go much closer than this and the 90mm Elmarit -M does a decent job even wide open, which I needed for hand held, so I made a virtue of the narrow DOF.

KeithL

From a recent trip to Rajasthan. A couple of images, the first, Leica M240, 50mm Zeiss C Sonnar ZM, @ f/2 and the second, Leica M240, 35mm Summilux ASPH @ f/4.

Godfrey

From yesterday's coffee run bicycle ride ...

Leica M-D + Color-Skopar 28mm f/3.5
ISO 800 @ f/4 @ 1/60

Leica M-D + Color-Skopar 28mm f/3.5
ISO 800 @ f/4 @ 1/60

enjoy!
G

ChrisLivsey

Black Linn Falls at Ossian's Hall Dunkeld Perthshire Scotland M9 50mm f1.5 C Sonnar

Ossian's Hall was built 1758 by a nephew of the 2nd Duke of Atholl as a surprise for the Duke it is a circular building with an opening onto a balcony that overlooks the falls. The view is made theatrical because visitors enter through a small dark chamber and then a sliding door is opened to reveal the falls beyond. The original building was blown up as a protest against tolls on the Dunkeld Bridge in 1869. The replacement dates back to 1951 and is simpler than the original building.

But who was Ossian?
In the 1760s the poet James Macpherson published a series of "discovered" ancient poems said to have been originally written in Gaelic by Ossian, son of Fingal. The work was massively successful at the time and translated many times.

Past notable visitors include William Wordsworth, Queen Victoria, Mendelssohn and J M W Turner. It sounds like one of the ballon questions, who would you tip out first?

Status
Not open for further replies.