The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Thanks Bob, Will ;)

PRC, I needed oxygen to get up here..even though by cable car!!
The effect of global warming is evident here. This is what remains of the glacier, on this part of the mountain.

ME, cron 35 asph

ChrisLivsey

Time for some monochrome work M9 and ZM C Sonnar 50mm f1.5

A memorial in memory of the four cotton workers killed in the 1842 strike was unveiled on Lune Street Preston UK on 13 August 1992 - the 150th anniversary of the shooting.
Following a demonstration and rock throwing the Mayor of Preston read the Riot Act and soldiers stationed in the town from the 72nd Highlanders opened fire on the unarmed strikers. They were instructed to fire over their heads but four men died from wounds others had limbs amputated, the oldest was 27 the youngest 17.They were part of the 1842 General Strike protesting at a lack of rights and an imposed 25% cut in wages.
The sculptor was Gordon Young.

ChrisLivsey

My M8 (upgraded, remember that?) is back from Leica with two circuit boards replaced and a rangefinder clean, they said the hot-shoe was damaged, probably a result of a tumble with a "thumbs up" attached years ago so that was replaced and the old serial number engraved in the new font so that will intrigue collectors one day perhaps, still, the old girl can still kick butt (am I allowed to say that?) with a 28mm Summicron Asph always my favourite lens on this camera:

rayyan

Chris, a wonderful image.
And of course you can say that...coz she can still kick butt, big time.

Thanks for sharing.

the old girl can still kick butt (am I allowed to say that?) with a 28mm Summicron Asph always my favourite lens on this camera:

DB5

My M8 (upgraded, remember that?) is back from Leica with two circuit boards replaced and a rangefinder clean, they said the hot-shoe was damaged, probably a result of a tumble with a "thumbs up" attached years ago so that was replaced and the old serial number engraved in the new font so that will intrigue collectors one day perhaps, still, the old girl can still kick butt (am I allowed to say that?) with a 28mm Summicron Asph always my favourite lens on this camera:

Beautiful, I never realised the 28 Summicron had such nice Bokeh.

bensonga

It's been quite a few months since I used the M9. In the last few days we got reacquainted.

Gary

Anchorage at the intersection of 7th Avenue and E Street.
M9, Zeiss 50mm f2 Planar, processed with PS and Nik Colorefex.

ChrisLivsey

Kind comments on my M8 post are appreciated, the "old girl" has competition from the M9 now, but it does open up travel possibilities with two swappable lenses, 28mm on the M9 and 50mm on the M8 gives a good spread then swop and its a classic 35/50 combination, bit close really for me but I may change out the 28mm for a 21mm so 21/50=65mm and 28/50. Always a first world problem to worry about.
Still here is Mason's Wood Preston with Wild Garlic out with the sun coming through the trees nicely on the M9 with a ZM 35mm Biogon and Capture One.

bensonga

Unlike the summers where I grew up (Minnesota), we don't get very many summer days with interesting cloud formations here in southcentral Alaska. Lots of cloudy and overcast skies, but not interesting clouds. Today was one of those rare days with moderately interesting clouds. I wish we would get a good thunder and lightning storm with some really BIG clouds and thunderheads, as they still do in Minnesota etc.

Gary

M9, Zeiss ZM 35/2 Biogon

drevil

Staff member

Forbidden City at night, some years ago it was still lit at night like 3 days a week, then they suddenly stopped.
I went many nights in the hope they would finally light it up again, but no.

Recently i heard they will do it only on holidays, due to saving energy. There is still hope!

None the less, even unlit, it looks cool :)

Typ246 with 35mm Summicron

Status
Not open for further replies.