The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

One more image from the Leica M with an old Contax G 21/2.8 Biogon converted to M mount by MS optical. I will have to make flat field profiles for this and my other wide angle M mount lenses to correct magenta vignetting.

Flat field corrected in Lightroom

Last edited:

scho

Still sorting through my old M lenses to use on the 262. This was taken today with the Minolta M-Rokkor 28/2.8. I purchased the lens about 6 years ago from a Japanese dealer for about $250 and managed to get a very clean near mint condition copy with no dreaded front element white spots. Contrast is low, but a little boost in Piccure + helps a lot. No discernible CA, no color shifts, good corner performance, and generally pleasing to use with the 262. Click image below for a full size jpeg. Shot at f/6.3, ISO 250

scho

Finally took the M with M-Rokkor 28/2.8 out for a walk near the lake. Raw images processed in Lightroom and Piccure+. Achilles heel of the little M-Rokkor 28 is high sensitivity to flare (even with the original lens hood on), otherwise an OK performance during this first field outing.

Last edited:

bensonga

After 10+ years, still no buyers for these trucks. The business itself is for sale now.

M9, Zeiss ZM 28/2.8 Biogon

scho

This was a badly underexposed image shot yesterday in the children's garden with the Leica M 262 and 7A 35/2. No spot metering with the 262, but managed to pull up the detail from the blossoms and monarch that were shot against an overcast, but bright sky.

Oren Grad

This was a badly underexposed image shot yesterday in the children's garden with the Leica M 262 and 7A 35/2. No spot metering with the 262, but managed to pull up the detail from the blossoms and monarch that were shot against an overcast, but bright sky.
Carl, that's lovely. It's very effective in its own way, doesn't come across as a salvage job at all. Bravo!

scho

Still trying old M lenses on the 262. This is the Contax G 90/2.8 Sonnar modified to M mount.

rayyan

Folks, thank you all so very much for the ' likes '.

Chris, in an earlier post, mentioned that the ' old lady ' can still kick butt!!

I went back to my archives..and this is what I found; kick butt is an understatement..

The JungFrau region..a pleasant walk from Murren to Winteregg ( midway to an unpronounceable cable station, for me )..Along the way one has the company of the JungFrau, Eiger and the Monch ( ? ).

The following two images are taken with the first gen M8.

Unedited, except for a crop.
And the very best lens that I put on any camera..the cron 28 asph.

and then the restaurant at Winteregg ( still can't get over that name :) )

What a cam and what a lens!!

rayyan

But that is not all that the lady can still do for me.

Catching decisive moments in its stride...

This time in Morocco.

With the wonderful cron 28 asph.

scho

The hibiscus plant was enjoying the 95 degree heat and humidity today. Leica M 262 + Contax G 90/2.8 Sonnar (M mount converted).

ChrisLivsey

Chris, in an earlier post, mentioned that the ' old lady ' can still kick butt!!

I went back to my archives..and this is what I found; kick butt is an understatement..
We are too easily seduced by new "toys" the M8 was new once upon a time and I agree on the Summicrom 28mm Asph especially on the M8 but currently seduced by the Summicron 50mm Asph a tremendous lens.

Your restaurant reminded me of this summer in Switzerland Kandersteg-Sunnbüel.
In my imagination this what -"The Restaurant at the End of the Universe" should look like, Milliways. The second book in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy by Douglas Adams.

Robert Campbell

The JungFrau region..a pleasant walk from Murren to Winteregg ( midway to an unpronounceable cable station, for me )..Along the way one has the company of the JungFrau, Eiger and the Monch ( ? ).

The following two images are taken with the first gen M8.

Unedited, except for a crop.
And the very best lens that I put on any camera..the cron 28 asph.

and then the restaurant at Winteregg ( still can't get over that name :) )

What a cam and what a lens!!
'Egg' is the Swiss pronunciation of 'Ecke' which is, roughly, a 'corner'.

The cable car at Grütschalp is quite new; it replaced a funicular railway, the bed of which collapsed and shifted.

ChrisLivsey

More recently travels have been closer to home, if 300 miles is closer. This the sea front at Aberdeen Scotland, not a stitch panorama just a crop on M9 with 50mm Ash Summicron.
Being on the East coast this is morning sun, although I lived here for four years I never got used to that, I'm west coast and the sun sets over the sea full stop!!

scott kirkpatrick

A bizarre memorial to mathematician Niels Henrik Abel 1802-1829

Abel invented group theory and solved some amazing problems, but died at 27 in poverty, from TB, a few days before an offer of a professorship at the university in Berlin would have reached him. The statue achieved its prime location in the royal palace park in Oslo largely through extensive artist and sponsor politicking. When asked what the complex sculpture represented, the best that sculptor Gustav Vigelund could come up with was "a mind, launched into space."

L8003314 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

scott

Status
Not open for further replies.