The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

Bob, nice IR image. Always love the high-key rendering of foliage in infrared.

:angel:

But if you can ignore reality: hopefully, the snow dropped quickly without any damage to the trees. I always hated the damage ice storms and heavy snow could inflict on our forest.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Bob, nice IR image. Always love the high-key rendering of foliage in infrared.

:angel:

But if you can ignore reality: hopefully, the snow dropped quickly without any damage to the trees. I always hated the damage ice storms and heavy snow could inflict on our forest.
LOL, that infrared is slowly melting as the sun warms it.
-bob

DwF

Meeting up with an old friend in Vancouver this afternoon allowed the opportunity to get out to Granville Island with my new to me M10

21mm SEM

David

M

mjr

Afternoon

This is a pretty quiet little area of the forum!

First day out with my first M yesterday, to say I'm a terrible street photographer and haven't used a range finder in 10 years, I was pretty happy with a few quick practice shots from a very dark and torrential Stockholm. Camera didn't get below 1600 ISO so under the circumstances, I think they came out pretty well.

Love how this woman's scarf and hat were close to the yellow of the lights.

M

mjr

A few in black and white, because well, why not! Apart from getting absolutely drenched from the heavy rain, it was a glorious start to M ownership.

M

mjr

A few more from rainy Stockholm, it's all about the colours of the old buildings, glorious!

Doesn't seem much life in this forum so will leave the posting after this for fear of it getting boring.

PeterA

Congratulation on your M Matt - lovely images of Stockholm - I have fond memories of visiting there many years ago in December. Yes the Leica M forum is not what it used to be in terms of regular postings. Don't take it personally and keep posting !

Pete

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
+1

I can't post here due to lack of the right equipment, but tremendously enjoy what others put up. Never boring :clap:
+2

Mat

I still have a few M lenses (and an M2, come to think of it), but no digital M. Love the look, love your compositions.

Keep posting!

M

mjr

Thanks gents for the comments, hopefully other M users will post!

Matt, a film M is definitely on the cards for me, will pick up something after Christmas for sure. I hope you get to shoot yours again sometime, would love to see what you get from the city. Luckily I'm too old to be classed as cool so I can just be the old guy stuck in the past and shoot film just for the pleasure of shooting!

Cheers all.

Mat

B L

+3
I havent touched M9 for months so dusting off time.
However, according to Digital Camera Forum category on the front page of this site, Leica is only second to MF forum. I am comparing numbers of total threads and posts.

DwF

Assorted recents getting out with my new (to me) M10. Also loving the colors, I have an MM but this is my first color M since the M9

35mm 'cron v4

Zeiss 50mm f1.5 C-Sonnar

28mm Elmarit v4

M

mjr

A 10 minute gap in the torrential rain, I like this view, kept it dark because that's how it is at this time of year in Stockholm.

cbarber

Regular reader but have never contributed. I think it is about time!

A fairly recent walk admiring the art work along the coastal path in Stonehaven, Scotland
M10-P, 50mm Summilux-M ASPH.

Attachments

M

mjr

I'm determined to get some more action in this thread!

Went out yesterday to see what the M is like in the proper cold, -18 so not too bad but still chilly enough for me. Sunrise and sunset are the same thing here at this time of year. I only have a couple of lenses on the M10-P at the mo, but super impressed with the setup, the 35 lux and the 75 cron are both excellent. I will pick up a 50 and i don't really think I need anything else.

PeterA

I no longer shoot with M digital or film - but have thousands of images I have made with various M cameras and will make when I buy back into probably the digital M11 - I would prefer to see a " post a photo made with Leica anything" as the most visited thread- because just have a look at all the different fragmented threads that exist in just the (now) very quiet Leica forum....( personally I couldn't care less what a person uses to make interesting images - but I guess that is how this forum(s) is structured....

anyway two M10 shots..to contribute today...

Reactions: ceh
Status
Not open for further replies.