The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

DwF

Harbor of Industrial Enchantment

There is something aside from the nice trail along a stretch of Long Island Sound, that draws me to this part of the harbor where these pilings evoke an almost Stonehenge quality.

M10 21mm SEM

M

mjr

Afternoon!

I hope everyone has had a great Christmas, I have been on a whistle stop tour of the UK, visiting family and friends which has been great. Today I'm up in Edinburgh and took a lovely windy walk to the top of Arthur's Seat to get a view down across the city, lots of people up there!

PeterA

I love your technique with available darkness!:thumbup:
Hi and thanks Dave

which leads me to make a point which is probably obvious to you and many others : the problem with forum posting of any image is (drum roll) it is impossible to control for every possible viewer's different screens and viewing conditions....that combined with the JPG 'scrunching' makes displaying tonal subtlety ( if there is any) difficult to control for...

or in short hand

I'm glad the shot works well enough (at some level) on your monitor!

Pete

M

mjr

Morning!

I hope everyone's having a great start to the New Year! I spent a few days on the Isle of Skye, drove back yesterday and grabbed a quick shot at Eilean Donan, very grey and miserable weather, surprisingly few people as castle was shut, managed to get the same shot as a few million other people have taken! Oh well, still a lovely place to see.

D&A

"Life Imitating Art". Corcoran Art Gallery, Wash. D.C.

Leica M9; 50mm.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:
M

mjr

The Cullin ridge in the distance and a dog walker on the beach, Skye is a wonderful place! This at last light.

M

mjr

Morning

A few London street scenes from the last week.

I think the reason I've never been cool is that my sister got my share, here in her natural habitat!

Some random stuff.

Robert Campbell

Morning

A few London street scenes from the last week...

Some random stuff.

It's about 30 years since I was in Brick Lane. It was just after the time of the Krays, but the Ripper was still a memory. And the 'Beigel' shop was open in the middle of the night; they were excellent.

M

mjr

Nice Peter, I picked up a 50 lux a couple of days ago, hopefully out to test it in the coming days.

Here's a quick shot from London with the 35 lux, which is an amazing lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.