The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Thank you ever so much Dave but the only one who deserves credit is Mother Nature. Yes, it's quite a lovely but a bit of a balancing act as to when to visit as the blooming takes place over a very short window which of course varies depending on whether factors that precedes it. By mid-March a moderately accurate forecast is predicted for max blooming but that's often an approximation and sometimes a surprise cold spell or even a late springtime snowstorm can often delay, retard or even destroy a large percentage of the blooms. It's a yearly guessing game.

Dave (D&A)

M

mjr

Evening!

Just a quick crappy shot of the family home in the UK, don't get to visit often but it's a lovely spot.

M

mjr

Afternoon

We're getting a lot of Polar Stratospheric Clouds in the afternoons at the moment, glowing bright after the sun sets, a quick shot from yesterday.

DwF

Whatcom Falls Park

These falls are well within our city limits here in Bellingham, Washington. They are a favorite place to carry the camera but it's been some time since I have photographed the falls. Out with a friend to walk his new pup, I was not carrying my tripod, so I braced my elbows on the railing of our beautiful WPA Bridge that spans the raging creek and held steady as possible; 1/4 and 1/12th sec respectively.

M262 50 Summilux ASPH

Maggie O

Last Xmas, I got a bunch of film as a present. I hadn't shot enough by October to even send in a single roll for processing. So, I collected up all of my film gear, my late father's film gear, some little-used M-mount lenses, my X100, and the M8 and M9-P, and traded them all in to KEH for a "like new" M10 and a pair of Panaleica lenses for my Olympus m4/3 rigs.

Went for a drive on Saturday and found an abandoned farmhouse. Good thing I had my M10 and C-Biogon with me.

Abandoned Farmhouse, February 22. 2020 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

M

mjr

Afternoon!

It feels like I haven't even held a camera for far too long, work has unfortunately got in the way. Yesterday I got the M in to the studio for the first time, dusted the place down, charged up the lights and shot my first pictures in far too long. Luckily my neighbours daughter agreed to sit for a few test shots, nothing special as I had not used the M under lights before so just playing around.

Anyway, just a couple of shots..

M

mjr

It's starting to feel like maybe winter is easing up, nice and warm on a walk this morning but still a bit of snow around.

I have time to start thinking about a monochrom camera again so decided to shoot with a view to converting to black and white this morning.

DwF

Afternoon!

It feels like I haven't even held a camera for far too long, work has unfortunately got in the way. Yesterday I got the M in to the studio for the first time, dusted the place down, charged up the lights and shot my first pictures in far too long. Luckily my neighbours daughter agreed to sit for a few test shots, nothing special as I had not used the M under lights before so just playing around.

Anyway, just a couple of shots..

Wonderfully executed Matt. The depth of tone in her sweater drew me in, and then around to take in the light on her nose and face. Really nice.

David

M

mjr

Thanks David, very kind of you. Looks nice in colour too, I liked moving the light so it just caught her nose with a little bounce so her face wasn't completely black. Cute kid with great hair helps, I can't even remember having hair!

M

mjr

Morning

Being so far North, isolation is the same as normal daily life! There's a beauty in it.

Here's a quick shot from this morning that felt appropriate, I hope the sun is shining on you all.

Reactions: iie

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Morning

Being so far North, isolation is the same as normal daily life! There's a beauty in it.

Here's a quick shot from this morning that felt appropriate, I hope the sun is shining on you all.

Hi Mat,

Here in the city, I'm afraid it's more like this. Except that we had NO snow this winter.

Matt

M

mjr

Hey Matt

Something amazing about shadows on snow, even if the tree is missing! I hope you're well and staying safe in the city, absolutely no change to daily life here, hope it stays that way.

Cheers

Mat

M

mjr

Morning

A couple of random shots, spotted this tree yesterday evening, love the textures and the bright lichen so grabbed a shot. And this morning, winter has a way of surprising you, just as it was starting to get warmer a small snow storm rolled through as I was out walking.

M

mjr

Stupid weather, went from nice spring like to -20 last night. A little late afternoon light whilst out, the snow is still waist deep so couldn't be bothered to wade in for a better composition, so this from the road!

Arne Hvaring

Been too busy to post much lately, but with the current lock-down staying at home much of the time I'm trying to catch up. Last April I participated in a workshop at the Leica Akademie in Wetzlar organized by the Norwegian importer/dealer. My wife and I went by car, driving down from Denmark visiting some beautiful German villages on the way. Here are some impressions in no particular order. M 240 with mostly 35mm Lux Asph and 50 Apo Summicron.

Attachments

Arne Hvaring

Visiting Leica HQ was fun and we had a great time. We got to choose whatever Leica equipment we would like to use for the two-day course. I choose the SL (SL2 wasn't announced at the time) as I was unfamiliar with this line. Pictures made with the SL during the workshop will be posted later in the appropriate thread.
Here are som more from the trip.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.