The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arne Hvaring

Somewhat to our surprise we encountered Mark Twain in Lüneburg. Here is the great man relaxing on a bench near the river...

These will be the final four. The last one is from the roof of the main building at Leitz Park and is supposedly designed to look like a filmroll. Taken with the (first) Monochrom and 50 Lux.

Attachments

DwF

Two Views of Camellia

50mm C-Sonnar f1.5 @ f2

75mm Heliar f 1.8 @f2.5

Not meant for lens comparison. I just enjoyed trying both lenses out and they were both taken a couple of hours apart from one another

David

Last edited:

Maggie O

Thank you Maggie. Nice to see you here, and your pics :) Is that Secret Agent, a Princeton Reverb-like design?
David
It is very much so! But, (heh) it has a secret- it's a brownface Princeton amp circuit, with a brownface Fender reverb circuit spliced into it, and then put in a pine cabinet with a 12" Weber speaker. It is the most amazing amp I've ever played.

DwF

Nice! I have a couple of Princetons. My "working amp" is the later 70s which sounds great as long as you don't touch the push pull. The secret there is the Weber which I got early on from Ted. It made such a difference in the sound of that amp for me. My other is a '64 and I put a Celestion Gold in that one. That is a lovely sounding amp, less aggressive than the later model. I'm getting to like the speaker now but didn't when I first changed it out with the original. I have had some great Boutique amps (faves are Dr Z) and like them but for me, like a Leica M, compactness goes a long way! So I like the Princeton Profile. David

Maggie O

Nice! I have a couple of Princetons. My "working amp" is the later 70s which sounds great as long as you don't touch the push pull. The secret there is the Weber which I got early on from Ted. It made such a difference in the sound of that amp for me. My other is a '64 and I put a Celestion Gold in that one. That is a lovely sounding amp, less aggressive than the later model. I'm getting to like the speaker now but didn't when I first changed it out with the original. I have had some great Boutique amps (faves are Dr Z) and like them but for me, like a Leica M, compactness goes a long way! So I like the Princeton Profile. David
Princetons are just the best. Jim Campilongo, Marty Stuart, Kenny Vaughn, you, me- we all love 'em!

This was taken with my old X100 (the 1st gen):

Syd The Paisley Tele And A Madcap Amp, September 21, 2014 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

The amp is a factory special run that sits between the '65RI and the '68RI, as far as how much headroom it has. It sounds fantastic. Almost as good as the Secret Agent.

DwF

Funny seeing the Paisley set. When I got my first Tele (at 13) in Manny's, I could easily have taken one of those off the wall and home instead of the "blonde" one, and I still recall, for 212.00 w tax. Of course I took the Blonde. And no kidding, Blind Faith were in the store while I was there. SW was trying out a 335 or something. I couldn't get over that this keyboard payer could play better guitar than me!

David

DaveS

Sitting around waiting for this to be over, and playing a scrabble type, 1 person game. You dump the dice and try to use all the letters.

(on this one I cheated...)

take care everyone,

Dave

Leica M10-P Silver, 90mm F2.8 Elmarit Silver at F2.8

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.