The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can't turn off Manual Focus Lock on X1

L

Leica Lout

Hi All,

I have a Leica X1 Firmware V2. Holding down the "Delete/Focus" button locks manual focus - which is great. I'm told that holding it down again should turn it off - but it doesn't. The only way to turn it off appears to be be to restore factory settings in Profiles.

does anyone else have this problem, or am I doing something stupid.

Thanks,

Pete.

L

Leica Lout

Thanks. It turns out that there was a slight fault with the camera which has now been replaced by the extremely helpful staff at the Leica Store Mayfair.

All working fine now and a great way to shoot. Set camera to f8 or f10. Manually zone focus to infinity. Lock focus. Ready to shoot and virtually no shutter lag.

Readers,

Pete.

Godfrey

Thanks. It turns out that there was a slight fault with the camera which has now been replaced by the extremely helpful staff at the Leica Store Mayfair.

All working fine now and a great way to shoot. Set camera to f8 or f10. Manually zone focus to infinity. Lock focus. Ready to shoot and virtually no shutter lag..
Sounds like how I use the GXR with Snap mode! And how I used to work. With the Rollei 35 a lot of the time. :)