Site Sponsors

Thread: M8 Diopter and Magnifier?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

M8 Diopter and Magnifier?

I understand that there are magnifiers made for leica that also have diopter adjustments too? Does anyone have a source? I have a 90 AA that I need help with. Thanks, Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: M8 Diopter and Magnifier?

PM sent to wolverine.

Post Thanks / Like

Megapearls in Japan has a 1.35X magnifier that has an adjustable diopter . it has the advantage of allowing you to adjust the diopter . It is also quite a bit less expensive than the Leica 1.25X magnifier. The Leica version requires that you buy a separate diopter. Start with the diopter....the Leica viewfinder is a -0.5 . You can buy Leica diopters in increments + or - 0.5 . The biggest misconception about a camera diopter is that it should be the same as your glasses. It is the magnification that is need to see sharply at the about one meter. So in my case the my reading glasses are +1.5 but I only need a +1.0 diopter(effective +0.5) to see clearly something at one meter. Having worked with both the megapearls and the Leica versions.....I went to the leica version..the megapearls was a little overkill (1.35X verse 1.25X) and the variable diopter always seemed to be off. Megapearls has recently introduced a 1.15X version which has been popular on the LUF.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

See, I told you these folks know everything