The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First Shots with my nice silver M9p

jonoslack

Hi There - Today I did a trip up north - partly to deliver my silver gray M9 to it's new owner . . . . and partly for business.

When I got home my new M9p was sitting on the kitchen chair!
In time honoured tradition I'm posting a couple of early shots with the new camera.

Just for once, the first shot with a new camera was not a table or the kitchen, but a glimpse of sunshine behind the house:

28 'cron

Here are a few more from around the garden:

28 'cron

75 'cron

75 'cron

75 'cron

75 'cron

75 'cron

Then an evening light walk around the fen with the dog for a couple of landscapes:

28 'cron

28 'cron

28 'cron

Focusing seems to be spot on with the lenses I've tested so far . . . . and it's the first camera I can remember which doesn't (yet) have any spots on the sensor . . . .

Of course, it goes without saying that the shutter is quieter and smoother, and the IQ much better than the previous camera :ROTFL:

all the best

Last edited:

Terry

Of course, it goes without saying that the shutter is quieter and smoother, and the IQ much better than the previous camera :ROTFL:
Wow that is great news! :loco:

Enjoy it.

But take a break from your shooting to do some weed maintenance to make the bench usable :D

D&A

Yes, enjoy your lovely new M9-P Jono. I think though your dog is looking away from the camera due to the sun reflecting off it's beautiful bright chrome. If that's the case (and animals have rights too), I'm very sympathetic to your delema and would gladly help out by taking it off your hands and replacing it with a more subdued black M9 :)

Dave (D&A)

ashwinrao1

Congrats, Jono. Rendering seems very close, if not spot on, with the M9...;)

I am hoping to get mine turned into an M9-P should the time come where it is upgradeable...

Paratom

Looks good Jono. BUt now we also need an image of your new M9p itself please.
Just to make my life harder.
And yes, the images from the M9/M9p just look so good that each time I see some I immedatly impressed.

emr

We-hey, congrats! But as others have said, it would be nice to see some pictures of it as well!

Having read your posts I gather that you have quite a few cameras: at least Leica M9P, Fuji X100, Pentax K-5, Sony A900, probably others as well. May I ask what camera do you use for what and why? Or does it vary according to your feeling atm?

jonoslack

Best of luck with the new camera Jono.
Thank you David

Wow that is great news! :loco:

Enjoy it.

But take a break from your shooting to do some weed maintenance to make the bench usable :D
Well now - those weeds are carefully nurtured by Emma (or at least intentionally left) - between the tiles it's mostly thyme - the oddity growing through the bench is just that - we're leaving it to see what it does next! . . . and the bench is meant to look rustic (rusty perhaps!). Truth is we're leaving lots of the garden to go a bit wild at the moment due to families of fly-catchers and goldfinches who are living here.

all the best

jonoslack

Steve, Mark, thank you for the kind words.

Yes, enjoy your lovely new M9-P Jono. I think though your dog is looking away from the camera due to the sun reflecting off it's beautiful bright chrome. If that's the case (and animals have rights too), I'm very sympathetic to your delema and would gladly help out by taking it off your hands and replacing it with a more subdued black M9 :)

Dave (D&A)
Ah Dave - actually he was looking back at the well cover as if to say 'Don't you think that well cover needs a bit of attention?'

So I think I'll turn down your kind offer!

Congrats, Jono. Rendering seems very close, if not spot on, with the M9...;)

I am hoping to get mine turned into an M9-P should the time come where it is upgradeable...
HI Ashwin
I did consider doing that, but I thought that the price wouldn't be that different, and actually I was right - the price isn't that different, sure, it would have been marginally cheaper to wait and upgrade, but of course, this way I get a new camera.

all the best

jonoslack

Looks good Jono. BUt now we also need an image of your new M9p itself please.
Just to make my life harder.
And yes, the images from the M9/M9p just look so good that each time I see some I immedatly impressed.
Hi There Tom
Images above - as you say - just to make your life a little harder ;)

We-hey, congrats! But as others have said, it would be nice to see some pictures of it as well!

Having read your posts I gather that you have quite a few cameras: at least Leica M9P, Fuji X100, Pentax K-5, Sony A900, probably others as well. May I ask what camera do you use for what and why? Or does it vary according to your feeling atm?
Hmm yes - more and less - I'm afraid a trip to ebay becomes more and more of a good idea. Actually, I don't have an X100 anymore (but there are 'others' as well - notably another M9 and an Olympus XZ-1).

Since you asked, if I'm going specifically to take pictures I usually carry the M9's with 4 lenses. If I'm walking the dog or going out with friends, then I like to take an M9 with one lens and a small slr with a small zoom (hence the Pentax). When Emma and I go out on horses I carry the Olympus XZ-1 (it was the X100, but it didn't really work). Sometimes I do weddings and events, in which case I take an SLR with a fast lens (A900 with 24-70 + 135 f1.8) plus the two leicas with lenses.

Good for me to try and rationalise so much gear!

But I'm going to have to cut down - the two SLR outfits are overkill, I really think that in the end it's going to be Sony, but I'm still dithering.

all the best

rayyan

A very big congrats Jono. May you enjoy it in good health and good fortune for a very long time.

Best.

CharlesK

Congratulations Jono!!! I definitely think the rendering is better with the M9-P :D I love the styling and look:)

jonoslack

Charles, Ray - Thank you for the kind words.
Timothy - it IS a Luigi leicatime strap. It's a fixed length strap with no adjustments, I'm always worried that strap adjustments will scratch the camera.

However - it's unlikely to stay on the camera, I really like the standard Leica strap, I might be the only person in the world to like it, but it's because:

1. it's so flexible and thin you can bunch it up in your hand - with the rubber shoulder strap along the baseplate, it makes the camera secure and easy to hold when it's just in your hand, and I do, usually, keep the camera in my left hand all the time.
2. If I do put it over my shoulder, then the rubber grip with the bobbles on really does grip - better than the lovely green suede on the leicatime strap.
3. it's really unfussy - I think it might be the cheapest thing that Leica sell!

I did try using a half case . .. for about 5 minutes (until I needed to change the battery)! I'd like the camera to be thinner, not fatter!

all the best