The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Noctilux 0.95 Unplugged

jonoslack

First of all, thanks for the kind words Jorgen and Ashwin and Matt and David - Saul is not a difficult subject, and he rather likes having his photograph taken! And as he spends most of his time 1000 miles away in France he doesn't get fed up with his father's intentions!

I believe I was focusing on the pink flowers. Ended up with this swirly, slightly hallucinogenic, image.
Hi Matt - Rose Bay Willow Herb? Lovely - there's lots of it on my morning walk, I love it!
ps: Sorry to see Kristian go?
Yes, me too, it made me consider my position, but in the end, throwing toys out of pram doesn't really do anyone any good.

Ash, I Remember This Chap From Our Shoot & I Still Love The Shot!
Absolutely - splendid quite agree - excellent . . . hey, can I come play with you guys next time?

jonoslack

Party Time!
This was in a really poorly lit barn - but perhaps the best party I've ever been to. It was on a farm owned by the best man at our wedding. I've known him since I was 16 - it was a joint 60th birthday party for him and two other friends - who I first met picking up potatoes on the farm in 1970!

The music was fantastic - really fantastic, a made up band of old friends, but Geraint and Bobby played with Van Morrison for many years, and everyone was excellent. What a treat!

I spent most of my time dancing and drinking, but there was time to take a few snaps - all with the M9 and the Nocti (always wide open) - really; focusing isn't an issue . . . except sometimes:ROTFL:! But somehow it doesn't seem to matter that much.

Here are a few samples:
There was one pink light on the stage, and band shots have to be in black and white:

As I say - the light was dreadful:

but focusing really wasn't much of an issue:

except sometimes:

(mind you, by this time I'd laid the seeds for a stonking hangover the next day!)

If you would like to see more:

Partying at Polgrean

shtarka1

First of all, thanks for the kind words Jorgen and Ashwin and Matt and David - Saul is not a difficult subject, and he rather likes having his photograph taken! And as he spends most of his time 1000 miles away in France he doesn't get fed up with his father's intentions!

Hi Matt - Rose Bay Willow Herb? Lovely - there's lots of it on my morning walk, I love it!

Yes, me too, it made me consider my position, but in the end, throwing toys out of pram doesn't really do anyone any good.

Absolutely - splendid quite agree - excellent . . . hey, can I come play with you guys next time?
Absolutely! We'd be Honored!
But the thread should be kept alive!
Great shots from all.
Saul's back from france for the weekend.

Noctilux, wide open
Epitome of Cool!:thumbs:

jonoslack

Jono, fun set in tough lighting! Van Morrison's band mates & Mick Jagger with his Ex, Bianca all in one night!:D Enjoyed them all!
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

I wish I dared tell Annabel about that . . . but I'm not really sure that I do!
Thanks for the kind words - I goes it's what the Noctilux is for, and it certainly didn't disappoint.

ronjh

Just got the nocti 0.95 yesterday, and walked around Haight Street in SF. Here's a few for you wide open on the Haight. In most cases, minimal cropping and minor adjustments.
Regards
ron