Site Sponsors

Thread: Band shoot

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Band shoot

Seminal Turkish rock band Bulutsuzluk Ozlemi, shot in Kayseri, Turkey, with a MP, 2/35 v. IV, Neopan 1600 @ 1600 developed in 510-Pyro, scanned with Nikon Coolscan 5000.

C&C as always are very welcome.
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Leica Ambassador | Formatt-Hitech Ambassador | ABIPP EP
    VIERI BOTTAZZINI PHOTOGRAPHER | VIERI BOTTAZZINI WORKSHOPS | VIERI BOTTAZZINI FINE ART

Post Thanks / Like

limerick

Vieri, I hope you don't mind a little whimsical joke:

You see here five rockers in Turkey
    (desiring a sky that's not murky),
    with their bike that they got
    in exchange for a shot.
    So some of them look again perky.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Band shoot

The pic has crossed my mind, time and again, and I asked myself whether it would win if we could see the ground whereon they stand. A comparison would be interesting, but I still think, the image is good as it is now. No unnecessary distraction, but concentration on the men's different looks, on their situation of being somehow imprisoned by the rocks, and on the bike as the opposite bizarre element creating the impression of an ease of being.

In comparison with other virtuous, inventive, trendy, and loud pics which draw attention to their protagonists quasi by means of flavour enhancers and which conform with the market requirements by an obsessive striving for being the center of interest Vieri's pic is much more self-effacing, both, as to the photographer and the protagonists. Its gesture is more inviting than arousing the must-have reflex. The artists preserve their individual diversity, and they don't appear as hiding behind a false mask. So they seem to be more credible and, I suppose, more in accordance with their songs.