Site Sponsors

Thread: charging an M9 in Itlay

Post Thanks / Like

charging an M9 in Itlay

any issues with using the battery charger in europe with the european power cord?

just dont want to run into any problems cause that wouldn't be cool, an M9 in Italy with no juice.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: charging an M9 in Itlay

Generally, to save costs in terms of universality, chargers nowadays will accept both 120 and 220 and do the stepping "inside the box". Read the label on the back of your charger, or the instructions that came with it or your camera.

It should not be a problem, ever.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used M9 charger in US, UK, and in Italy, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, w/o a problem. How do you think all the M9 users from all over the world other than the US charge their batteries? Your camera was born in Europe, after all.
    Alan

Selection of work: http://weinschela.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like

i know just wanted to make sure.

thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gooomz View Post
    any issues with using the battery charger in europe with the european power cord?.
    No problems whatsoever.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

I use mine all over the globe, no biggie. You should have the proper plug adapters in the box... In an effort to be more travel friendly, I even bought two tiny L-shaped adapters for both US/110v and Europe/220v.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just in Italy with my M9 and no problems EXCEPT

and this may be a saver for you. European Hotels (US too) are NOTORIOUS for not having convenient outlets (except at the 4 seasons level )
    I can't tell you how many chargers I have left behind in bathrooms, behind doors, under table etc.

I doubt they are considered great tips by the housemaids, but they are likely more valuable than any regular gratuity!!

Anyway, tie a ribbon around it, or place it on a chair...something obvious, so when the rush to catch the next train or plane or cab doesn't put you one charger, and BTW one BATTERY behind...

I should start a club...

and no, they usually do not turn up when you email and say " ha trovato uno....nella camera....., per favore??"

Victor

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    and this may be a saver for you. European Hotels (US too) are NOTORIOUS for not having convenient outlets (except at the 4 seasons level )
    I can't tell you how many chargers I have left behind in bathrooms, behind doors, under table etc.
    HI Victor
    You and me both
    I don't usually have a ribbon with me, so, when I get to a new hotel room, I find out where the charging will happen, and then I keep my:
    Wallet, passport, door key/card in the same place, even if it's behind the bathroom door!

Another tip for the seasoned traveller (if you're driving): Keep your spare car key in your wash bag . . .. it may seem odd at first, but when you get somewhere, your washbag always ends up in the hotel room - so when you drop your car keys down that grating in the street / leave in bar / pick your catastrophe, your spares are not in the key cupboard at home, or in the glove compartment of the locked car, but in the hotel room nearby.

Just this guy you know