The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Seattle Leica Posse ...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Ashwin, Steve Huff and fellow members of the weekend Seattle Leica Posse, it was an absolute pleasure accidentally bumping into you folks at Kerry Park last night! I hope you all had a successful and enjoyable shooting weekend - Seattle is at it's absolute best this weekend. I had to resist joining you for dinner as it would have cost me $'000's :p

Btw, the collection of M9-P & M9's plus Noctluxes, Summiluxes etc etc did NOTHING to help with my ongoing desire to buy back into my Leica system! I didn't catch the name of the gentleman with the chrome M9-P with chrome 50'lux but I've got serious Leica lust again ... That was lust at first sight and I've been mulling over my acquisition strategy again. :eek:

ramosa

Man, Seattle is a cool photography city, as I found out a while back. Glad you guys are shooting it well ... as I wallow away (ha) in the non-urban South.

ashwinrao1

Graham, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you as well. I am glad that you recognized me from afar. The week-end blew by fast, and yes, those M9-P's are beautiful...in my eyes, the chrome version is hard to top...so lovely. I hope you can find your way back to the Leica fray soon, Graham, and I completely understand that dinner may have "cost" a bit more than expected LOL...
:LOL::thumbs::salute:

Great set up on your end, by the way. I am now contemplating MF setups....LOL

ashwinrao1

Mmmmm, as in "Emmmmm"

Hope this serves as a touch more of temptation, Graham ;)

What Graham was shooting...

D&A

Hey Graham, is that a pic of you??? Cool shirt! If so, it looks to me like you're thinking "should I make a cash offer he can't refuse or do I make a run for it?" :) Either way, hopefully you'll be back in the Leica fold before long.

Ashwin, looks like everyone had a blast , with regards the pics you posted with Steve Huff and the group in your other posting.

Dave (D&A)

GrahamWelland

Yes that dashing fellow is indeed me. :)

If I didn't have my Alpa & P40+ gear all set up behind me then I could have been tempted to make a run for it with the Leica outfit. However, I wouldn't have fancied my chances with 20 Leicaphiles all in close proximity. I think that you'd be reading about the lynching that occurred in Seattle on Saturday night. :ROTFL:

Btw, the look on my face is one of "oh my god, I miss my M ... I can't believe that I sold it AGAIN!!!" combined with pure unbridled lust.

D&A

Yes that dashing fellow is indeed me. :)

If I didn't have my Alpa & P40+ gear all set up behind me then I could have been tempted to make a run for it with the Leica outfit. However, I wouldn't have fancied my chances with 20 Leicaphiles all in close proximity. I think that you'd be reading about the lynching that occurred in Seattle on Saturday night. :ROTFL:

Btw, the look on my face is one of "oh my god, I miss my M ... I can't believe that I sold it AGAIN!!!" combined with pure unbridled lust.
....and just think....after the lynching, you'd probably have at least 15 of those 20 dedicated Leicaphiles fighting over who gets the Alpa/P40 gear...LOL! No doubt good times were had by all that day!
Dave (D&A)

David K

Workshop Member
Graham, I'm guessing the spectacular shot you posted over on the MF thread was taken from the vantage point above. You may have Leica lust but you're certainly not lacking the ability to capture superb images in the meanwhile.

D&A

David, I was just about to post the same thing about Graham's fabulous MF image from what appears to be the same vantage point. No doubt each camera system has it's advantages/disadvantages, yet at the same time goes to show, that a great image wil always be noticed and receive it's just dues.

Dave (D&A)

GrahamWelland

Matt: Sorry we didn't get to catch up. It would have been great to put a face to the name so to speak! I'm sure you all had fun trying to shoot subjects all day without a guy with a Leica in it. :ROTFL:

David/Dave: Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I shot the pixel buster shot there that evening and actually that wasn't my "postcard" shot for the night, just one that I quickly processed for the other MFDB thread regarding my 150/5.6 lens. The clouds weren't playing along when the sun dropped and I have some nicer stitch pano's from earlier that include more of the neat cloud formations & the scene vs the blank blue sky that seems to be following me at times! As you mentioned, no I'm certainly not short of tools ... I was also shooting grab shots with my D700 that night, although the M would be my normal trusty side companion if I still had one. They're all good, just different.