The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thank you for the new Forum

robsteve

Subscriber
We can't start the Leica R forum without a couple pictures of the person that has probably given the Leica R and DMR the most visiblilty to the internet forums with his famous DMR bible thread.

Here is Guy from two years ago in Mexico.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
LOL you always love to show me in my best light Robert. Welcome and enjoy yourself my friend. We hope this site will add value to the photo community at large and bring information and sharing in the community. :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Admin note: We moved soem of Woody's gear FS posts from here to the B&S section, but you'll find some residual quotes about how much nice gear he owns ;) My original comment was:

Wow Woody, you really own a lot of nice gear! And here I though I was a gear-a-holic!

:D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
We can't start the Leica R forum without a couple pictures of the person that has probably given the Leica R and DMR the most visiblilty to the internet forums with his famous DMR bible thread.

Hi Rob:

Great to have you here, and abslutely PERFECT images to start off with! LOLOLOLOL! Thanks for posting them!

Guy Mancuso

Geez Woody just the best there is there. I already sold both kids for lenses , nothing left to sell:D

Good luck on your sale . I owned a 35-70 2.8 for awhile and man does that lens sing a tune with imaging. Best of luck

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I echo Rob's comments and say thanks for the new forum and wish you the best of luck with it.

I was in Europe with my wife during the week of the Yosemite workshop but I hope to be able to attend one in the future. Sounds like a great experience.

Woody - that's a killer first post!

One image to say here's looking up and hope the new forum sheds a positive light on all our photographic voyages, as I am certain it will.

View attachment 35

P.S. R9/DMR + 35/2

Guy Mancuso

Thanks so much for the nice comments. We all look forward to the future of the R system and we all have heard the rumors and it sounds leica may give us a knock out punch in the R arena.

Folks one thing also we do have the members gallery were you can post your images up but please if you want to run a post on the the DMR images or the M8 go ahead and please start one. We love to look at images and our forum module is images anywhere you want to put them so let it rip.

woodyspedden

Wow Woody, you really own a lot of nice gear! And here I though I was a gear-a-holic!

:D
Hey Jack

My ratio of lenses to good photos is still greater than one. I decided that since I don't get many great images the best way to improve that ratio is to sell the glass LOL

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Well Woody as we have talked about several times on the workshop the M8 for you maybe the better choice overall with just some extra's on the DMR side to keep you honest with macro and tele stuff. Parring down sometimes is actually a good thing. Makes you think differently too

doug

I'd like to add my thanks for setting up the forum and I'm looking forward to lots of good discussions and great pictures.

doug

Doug nice to have you here. okay i want to see some of the bird shots. i just love Doug's work.
OK here are a couple of photos from Yosemite made during my pre-digital years:

Sooty Grouse in the Glacier Point parking lot. SL & 280 f/4

Coyote next to the road somewhere on the valley floor. SL & 560 f/6.8
Yeah I know it's not a bird but it's a reminder that there's more to Yosemite than gorgeous scenery.

PSon

Robert, I am glad you displayed the images of the pioneer and one of the most valuable thread in the history of photographic forum that I came across. If this forum existed back then, all the information would still be here. I am sure the R10 will have its own bible when it arrived.

-Son

Attachments

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Well Woody as we have talked about several times on the workshop the M8 for you maybe the better choice overall with just some extra's on the DMR side to keep you honest with macro and tele stuff. Parring down sometimes is actually a good thing. Makes you think differently too
No question the M8 is my go to kit. Mostly because at my age lugging around a bag full of DSLR's and the (comparatively) huge lenses is getting tougher and tougher. But there are occasions, such as my upcoming trip to Bosque Del Apache to shoot the migratory sand hill cranes) where the DMR and long lenses are a must. The 135 limit of the M8 doesn't cut it for this kind of shooting. I suspect that all I will take on this trip is the 21-35, 35-70 elmarit, 180 APO 2.8 and the 280 APO 4.0 plus the 1.4x extender. This should cover all my needs. I could think about the M8 and 21,28,50,75 and leave the 21-35 R and 35-70 R lenses at home. Have to think this one through. Only good news is that I will be driving to New Mexico so no problems with taking gear on the airplane,

Thanks for the advice

Woody

PeterA

I just wish this forum existed a couple of years ago....good to see some friendly faces on this site ! Hmm I may have to buy a DMR just to be a 'real' member - any suggestions where I can get one? anyone?

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
DMR - Photovillage has one listed also SH Photo and Camera West.
There has been one listed on eBAy twice recently but did not sell, reserve not met.

Guy Mancuso

I just wish this forum existed a couple of years ago....good to see some friendly faces on this site ! Hmm I may have to buy a DMR just to be a 'real' member - any suggestions where I can get one? anyone?
So do i Peter don't know what took Jack and I so long to just build a home ourselves. BTW you are a real member regardless of gear and hopefully you will call this home. I'm going nowhere, this is making me a happy boy. Jack and I are absolutely thrilled to have this many members in less than a week. The beauty of this site is you have the owners, photographers, instructers and forum leaders here with you posting everyday. There is not a another site like this.