The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ROM-ing R-lenses -who does it?

Nitnaros

Folks,
Who can ROM a R-lens?
And what would approx. cost be?
Can any old lens be ROM-ed?

Could not find any information on Leica's website.

I am looking at a used 19mm, which is a 3-cam lens.
I guess for the wide-angles ROM-ing should be particular useful to apply the firmware corrections in the DMR. Or can those corrections be applied in Flexcolor/Phocus later for any lens?

Regards,
Peter

Nitnaros

Thank You, Gents.

I saw the pointer to Kindermann here on the forum, but them being in Canada, me in NJ, does not make it very convenient.

I will call Leica NJ and ask.
--

The 19mm Elmarit-R's are now going for <$1500 on ebay.
That sounds like a steal, doesn't it?

Regards,
Peter

Stuart Richardson

If you are in New Jersey, it is probably a no-brainer to just drop it off with Leica. It may take awhile, but you can go in in-person, which generally speeds things up. For what it's worth, I did not find the ROM contacts made much of a difference, though the 19mm would be the lens to get done if you are going to do it (wider angles have more vignetting and cyan drift, though I did not notice it very much on the dmr).