The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Halts MP Production 'til 2012

seakayaker

Smells like a bit of death to me....I doubt that they are making many (any MP's) other than the a la cartes, and with the coming M9-P upgrades and low supplies in camera & lens parts accross the board, this may be a bit of a shot across the bow as to slowing and ceasing production of the film line....
. . . . . it is always a possibility but Leica recently released a a batch of MP's to camera shops. They are available at a number of online stores. Popflash recently advertised two new silver MP's, they are available at Adorama and B&H Photo in both black and silver. Who knows, this may be a last production run or it just may be meeting a renewed demand for film cameras.

Either way, I'm happy to have one!

( I know that Glazers only had their new MP in stock for a few days before it sold! :D)

Double Negative

Not Available
I think the death of Leica's film bodies is greatly exaggerated. They're still producing both the M7 and MP and there doesn't seem to be any shortage of demand.