The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Red Dot Loss

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
During the last couple of weeks I managed to lose the red dot off my 75 lux. It's not a major deal, I can certainly operate the lens without it, but well, it just doesn't seem right without that distinctive red bump.

How does one go about replacing it? Is it possible to fix it yourself? I really hate the idea of having to send it anywhere for any length of time simply to have a new dot glued to it.

Thanks!
Tim

Terry

My 21 Elmarit was missing a red dot when it arrived. When it went to Leica for coding they replaced it. Perhaps they will send you one.

M

matmcdermott

They give you the logo dots for free if your ask for them, so I imagine you can get the lens alignment dots for free as well.