The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Coding a zeiss 21/2.8?

gero

Chuck, I agree 100% about what you say BUT: I am trying to see if with the filters the Zeis lenses have a better micro contrast. I like these lenses because of its resistance to veiling flair but there is something that I don't like about them and since there is evidence that the ir makes the image "softer", I want to try them with the filters.

Bob Parsons

You can just put back the screws. That was what I did. The glue is Lock Lite.
Just make sure if you use Locktite that it's the non permanent one or else anyone who works on the lens won't be able to remove the screws if need be. Locktite's usually color coded - permanent, difficult to undo and can be undone with care, but still prevents the screw from working loose. You need the blue variety, but do check the label to be absolutely sure.

Bob.

oc garza

Frame lines I believe will be correct for the focal length
Guy,

I don't think this is correct. I think that with ANY 21mm lens on the M8, the corresponding Leica 28mm frame lines come up (with the right mount) but they are correct for the 28mm X 1.3 multiplier so you end up with bascially 37mm frame lines. So the "28mm" framelines are very tight for the true 28mm aov from any 21mm (whew :eek:))

I have both a 21mm Elmarit and the 21mm Biogon and the coding works fine for both indoors, but the framelines for both are wrong. I suspect Leica assumes everyone will use a 28mm viewfinder with the 21mm on the M8, but it sure would be nice if "true" 28mm framelines would activate when a 21mm is mounted so we could leave the viewfinder in the bag.

O.C.

gero

Just make sure if you use Locktite that it's the non permanent one or else anyone who works on the lens won't be able to remove the screws if need be. Locktite's usually color coded - permanent, difficult to undo and can be undone with care, but still prevents the screw from working loose. You need the blue variety, but do check the label to be absolutely sure.

Bob.
Thank you, so that's it!:salute:

danlindberg

Re: Technical Camera Images

Folks, There's a major change in my setup and I am as happy as can be....but, I will not tell you just yet what it is. :D Time will tell....

danlindberg

:LOL:

Second time in a couple of weeks where a post ends up in a completely different place!! I wonder how that can happen.....

O well, I used to have an M9 so maybe that's it!

Sorry!

danlindberg

Indeed! And two weeks ago I posted in my 'tech image thread' (as I did today too) but that post ended up in the Sunset bar in a halloween thread last visited in 2007 :confused:

I wonder why?