The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M 9 cracked sensor

dseelig

Sent my m9 in to Leica for some card isssues it kept saying my cards were locked . It was one of the first 20. they told me i had a cracked sensor and replaced it.

250swb

Hard luck, but didn't you see the crack? In nearly all cases its a line across one of the corners of the image. Maybe it happened in transit when you sent it in for the card problem?

Originally it was reported that only a very few (40 or so) cameras where affected from a batch released about Oct/Dec '09 (mine was one), but yours is the earliest I have heard of, and others have appeared outside that timescale.

Steve

thrice

Mine was in that time scale, sensor is still fine :) I'm confident if it ever cracks Leica will fix it free.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I had one of the first batch that broke .....fortunately they fixed it quickly and the M9 has function without a fault since.