The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Friends, A Camera Test

Godfrey

Yesterday I processed the test roll I put through the 'new' Leica M4-2 on Thursday.Pulled out the Nikon LS-40 scanner and did a quick scan of the whole roll. A few of them made me smile.

Here I am, Svengali with a Leica:

My friend Lee:

The rest at:
www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto - test roll slide show
or
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/sets/72157627457067789/ - Gallery front page

All made with Leica M4-2, Voigtländer Skopar 50mm f/2.5, Ilford XP2 Super.

Very little post processing ... just some minor tonal adjustments.
Comments always appreciated.

Godfrey

Analyzing the test roll and doing some more tests today, the rangefinder is off in vertical alignment and is not able to line up infinity accurately either. No big deal ... The local tech I trust will adjust it into spec for $80 to $120, and KEH will pick up the tab on warranty.

gfspencer

Nice shots. What film are you using? (Actually you said what film you were using. Sorry)

Maybe it's time to start processing my own film again. I have an old COOLSCAN V ED. (I have to use an old computer to run it because Nikon quit supporting it with upgraded firmware.) I keep thinking that I am going to break out my old M6TTL but I'm not sure I can load the film anymore. :(

Godfrey

Nice shots. What film are you using? (Actually you said what film you were using. Sorry)

Maybe it's time to start processing my own film again. I have an old COOLSCAN V ED. (I have to use an old computer to run it because Nikon quit supporting it with upgraded firmware.) I keep thinking that I am going to break out my old M6TTL but I'm not sure I can load the film anymore. :(
:) Loading film just takes a little practice.

It's easy to process film ... dark bag, daylight tank, developer and fixer, a thermometer. That's all you need. XP2 Super is easy in that I can drag it to the shop and they'll run it in the machine in half an hour, but once I get rolling on it I can process four rolls at once in less time.

Forget Nikon software. Get yourself a copy of Vuescan ... http://www.hamrick.com. It's all I've used to drive scanners since 1999. Buy the Pro version ($80) and updates are free for life. Ed's very good about improving it.

onwards!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Godfrey is right, get Vuescan. I'm scanning right now with my Nikon 9000 and Lion. Get the newly released book "The Vuescan Bible" by Sascha Steinhoff for a jump-start at scanning with Vuescan. Loading a Leica M is easy. I've never had a mis-load on a film M. Come over to the analog forum and post your pics.

:) Loading film just takes a little practice.

It's easy to process film ... dark bag, daylight tank, developer and fixer, a thermometer. That's all you need. XP2 Super is easy in that I can drag it to the shop and they'll run it in the machine in half an hour, but once I get rolling on it I can process four rolls at once in less time.

Forget Nikon software. Get yourself a copy of Vuescan ... http://www.hamrick.com. It's all I've used to drive scanners since 1999. Buy the Pro version ($80) and updates are free for life. Ed's very good about improving it.

onwards!